U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 03:48 PM

4 posts, read 55,506 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be visiting Rock Hill in about six weeks and was wondering what there is "to do" there...I checked pollstar for concerts and didn't find anything good...

Is there a lot of things to do in the area? I'm not looking to go skydiving or anything but I don't want to just sit around bored either.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 09:40 AM

174 posts, read 472,354 times
Depending on what you are interested in, you may find some good stuff here:
Rock Hill Parks, Recreation, and Tourism
There is a community theater group, several bars feature live music regularly, and Winthrop University has some interesting cultural events. Main Street Live is held on the first Thursdays - live music and vendors downtown. There are movies shown downtown at City Hall Plaza periodically. There are also some good biking and hiking trails nearby, and a disc golf course at Winthrop Lake. You won't find any large concert venues - we go to Charlotte for most bigger names.
Also, check out the local paper's website for coming events:
Welcome to HeraldOnline.com | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC Friday's paper has an entertainment section called "Ticket"

Enjoy your visit!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties