Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 09:22 AM

196 posts, read 619,834 times

Advertisements

It's been years since I have been up in a 172 or Piper with my buddy and that was in another state. Been looking for someone local out of Rock Hill that goes out often and would like to split the bill a couple of times and fly over to West York on the Sharon border, near the York resevoir then go out for the rest of the ride.

We bought some land out here a few years ago and have built our home. I wanted to take several time lapse photos during logging and building but that never happened. We have old USGS aerial photos but want to continue with some summer and winter photos every couple of years. I have the camera gear and GPS coordinates just looking for someone willing to take me up with them.

You can e-mail me at yourbt@yahoo.com or just respond to this post.

Thanks,
Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 12:53 PM

259 posts, read 798,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRich View Post
It's been years since I have been up in a 172 or Piper with my buddy and that was in another state. Been looking for someone local out of Rock Hill that goes out often and would like to split the bill a couple of times and fly over to West York on the Sharon border, near the York resevoir then go out for the rest of the ride.

We bought some land out here a few years ago and have built our home. I wanted to take several time lapse photos during logging and building but that never happened. We have old USGS aerial photos but want to continue with some summer and winter photos every couple of years. I have the camera gear and GPS coordinates just looking for someone willing to take me up with them.

You can e-mail me at yourbt@yahoo.com or just respond to this post.

Thanks,
Rich
I am not aware of anyone but am sure you could find someone through the Rock Hill airport.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:07 PM

196 posts, read 619,834 times
I am thinking that maybe someone on the forum is, hopefully. Now if they happen to become a friend and "take me up" while we split the bill it's OK. Now if I were to to to the airport and search for someone specifically to take me up take some photos and come back that would require the pilot to have a commercial rating. Commercially rated pilots are fewer and far between and then it falls into a business venture, whole nutter can of worms and when you get to that point it becomes expensive since you are hiring a commercial flight for your personal use.

There is one amateur radio operator I have seen on a map flying in the area but after looking up his tail number it's a single seat experemental open frame plane. Last ditch effort, I may just have to give him my coordinates and see if he can handle a camera plus flying at the same time. If he has a pilots license and member of a local club I may be able to have him rent a club plane and we can go up on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties