U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2007, 08:48 PM

3 posts, read 13,524 times

Advertisements

Regent Park Fort Mills -comments anyone?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are looking to buy a home in Regent Park in the near future. My sister from New York is also looking in that area. Can anyone comment on the the townhomes like Ryan and KB homes in that area? Does this area have a good resale value? Does anyone live in Regent Park? We currenlty live in N.C Thanks

[+] Rate this post positively
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 06:30 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,875,593 times
The Ryan Homes in Regent Park are very nice, well built and have a healthy resale. I'm not familiar with KB Townhomes, but have sold KB single family homes there in Madison Green. Regent Park as a whole is a very popular area and the appreciation rates and resales have proven good.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:53 PM

87 posts, read 310,139 times
I wasnt impressed with Regent Park. I'm relocating from OHio and looked at the ryan townhomes and regent townhomes and the area although off to itself, was nice... outside of the area it wasnt that great to me. Its like hidden trailer central... which was just really different for me since in the Cleveland area we dont have trailers right next to expensive home communities.. So, I guess its all of what you're use to and your expectations.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:20 PM

195 posts, read 206,534 times
I for one am not used to living around trailor parks, but I do now live in Regent Park, and I love it here. I only know of one trailor park which is outside of RP, has nothing to do with RP and you can't even see it from RP, so I have no clue what cutejanelle1 is talking about.
For us, RP is a very friendly, safe, convienent, kid friendly, family place to live. We have our own security which patrol the entire development, and it is very reassuring. The range of homes from townhomes to $800,000 beautiful golf course homes, and all kinds in between make for a nice community. The golf course itself is really beautiful, the roads coming in and out of RP are lined with really pretty old well established trees. All in all I think it's a great place to live.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:33 PM
MHW

30 posts, read 93,881 times
Regent Park is also on our short list. I have seen two problems that I would love to know more about:
1 - something about the HOA collecting money but not using it appropriately,
2 - it is near the former PTL site (Tammy Faye Baker), and I would like to know if you can see the site and how it affects the neighborhood

Old 04-22-2007, 10:48 PM

20 posts, read 95,643 times
Default regent park

Hi )
we are also planning a move to fort Mill this summer and saw some nice prospects online in Regent park. When we visited in person though we were put off by the area. There was a big vacant apartment tower or something with windows out etc. and a creepy delapidated play area (both remnants of the PTL park I think). Our realtor said there were not any problems in the area but this made the area feel unsafe.

On the positive side our realtor was able to show us many other nice communities in the area.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:21 AM

The old PTL stuff is behind Regent Park and not at all part of it. It has no affect whatsoever on our daily lives here. The only part of that area you can even see from some parts of RP is the tower. You can barely see the tower, (and I live relatively close to it actually), and almost the entire development is petitioning to have it torn down. The HOA issue is the following: the former owners of the HOA were from overseas, and they basically collected the money from the homeowners and never did anything with the money ( repairs, maintainence, etc). We now have a HOA which is made up of residents within RP who serve on the board. They are very good, and very invested because they live here and it's in their interest to see the place in good condition and to make improvemets. We have our annual homeowners meeting this week, where issues such as improvements to the pool, park, gating the community, etc. will be discussed. There is a new Bloom grocery store opening at the entranceway, which will be very convienent for RP residents. The golf course was recently bought by 2 NY partners who along with their families purchased homes in RP, and have huge plans for making the golf course even better. They want to open a restaurant, I believe, near the clubhouse. The new High School is opening up very close by. The new road to Pineville will make the commute even better for many. We are very close to the I 77. All in all, I think Regent Park is a very nice community in which to live. The people in my neighborhood have nice young families with kids, some retired people, too, and everyone is interested in maintaining a nice enviornment in which to live. I think RP has so much going for it, and will only get better with all that is on the agenda for the future.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:50 AM
MHW

30 posts, read 93,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2kidsmom View Post
The old PTL stuff is behind Regent Park and not at all part of it. It has no affect whatsoever on our daily lives here. The only part of that area you can even see from some parts of RP is the tower. You can barely see the tower, (and I live relatively close to it actually), and almost the entire development is petitioning to have it torn down. The HOA issue is the following: the former owners of the HOA were from overseas, and they basically collected the money from the homeowners and never did anything with the money ( repairs, maintainence, etc). We now have a HOA which is made up of residents within RP who serve on the board. They are very good, and very invested because they live here and it's in their interest to see the place in good condition and to make improvemets. We have our annual homeowners meeting this week, where issues such as improvements to the pool, park, gating the community, etc. will be discussed. There is a new Bloom grocery store opening at the entranceway, which will be very convienent for RP residents. The golf course was recently bought by 2 NY partners who along with their families purchased homes in RP, and have huge plans for making the golf course even better. They want to open a restaurant, I believe, near the clubhouse. The new High School is opening up very close by. The new road to Pineville will make the commute even better for many. We are very close to the I 77. All in all, I think Regent Park is a very nice community in which to live. The people in my neighborhood have nice young families with kids, some retired people, too, and everyone is interested in maintaining a nice enviornment in which to live. I think RP has so much going for it, and will only get better with all that is on the agenda for the future.
Thank you so much! We were very interested in some of the homes we saw listed in RP, and I feel so much better about it given your answers. It looks like a great place to live!

Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 AM

3 posts, read 13,524 times
Smile Regent Park Fort Mills -comments anyone?

Thanks to all for all your comments. I think it is important to hear from someone actually living there. To: my2kidsmom how many communities are there in total?Tell me about the RP security. I have been also very encouraged by your comments. I think it is avery beautiful community inspite of 21 which is not that appealing however that is not RP

Old 04-23-2007, 11:50 AM

Elisabet and MHW, I know, I agree 21 close to the highway is yucky, but I recently read in the paper that Fort Mill intends to clean up the area, which would be great.
From what I know about the security is that they patrol 24 hours, going through each and every neighborhood, making sure all is well and they don't see anything happening that shouldn't be. Thay also do speed traps on the larger streets like Regent Parkway. They tow if anyone tries to park in the parking lot by the pool overnight. In general they just look out for trouble and deal with it if they see any. It is very reassuring knowing they are here. Prior to buying here, my husband called the Fort Mill sherriff's office to ask about crime in Regent Park, and the officer said that there was very little due to the security presence. I've never used it myself, but I know I read something I think put out by the HOA that you can hire a service to basically check in on your house like a house sitter while you're away on vacation if you're a RP resident, which is nice if you travel alot.
I think there are 15 or so total communities in all in Regent Park. If you have any issues or questions PM me. I can also give you the email for the president of the HOA if you need to direct any ?'s to him. He was very helpful to us when we were buying. Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties