Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Greenville: local TV station, mountains, minor league games, parks, sports, dining

Old 04-28-2007, 03:40 PM

63 posts, read 431,543 times

Advertisements

My Parents live in Greenville and I love it. I live in Ny. I work in TV Production so I'm not sure I could get a job in Greenville (if anyone has contacts I'm open ears though!). So I thought that it would be nice to visit Charlotte which I'll be doing in July and then if I like it trying to check out a few suburbs. I've heard nothing but great things about Fort Mill. Ideally me and my fiance are looking to get a house or condo in the $250-300K range, live in a good school district (no kids....yet) and be somewhere where we can enjoy parks, sports, the outdoors, dining, shopping etc... Is Fort Mill a nice small'ish town that offers all of this and what it dosnt offer you can hop in your car and drive to Charlotte for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 05:04 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
Ideally me and my fiance are looking to get a house or condo in the $250-300K range, live in a good school district (no kids....yet) and be somewhere where we can enjoy parks, sports, the outdoors, dining, shopping etc... Is Fort Mill a nice small'ish town that offers all of this and what it dosnt offer you can hop in your car and drive to Charlotte for?
Absolutely. The Anne Springs Close Greenway is in Fort Mill, and one of the finest in the region. In Fort Mill you'd also have access to the Catawba River and Lake Wylie. The Charlotte Knights presently play in Fort Mill. Everything else you would need in Charlotte would be but a short drive away.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:47 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Mumbles View Post
My Parents live in Greenville and I love it. I live in Ny. I work in TV Production so I'm not sure I could get a job in Greenville (if anyone has contacts I'm open ears though!). So I thought that it would be nice to visit Charlotte which I'll be doing in July and then if I like it trying to check out a few suburbs. I've heard nothing but great things about Fort Mill. Ideally me and my fiance are looking to get a house or condo in the $250-300K range, live in a good school district (no kids....yet) and be somewhere where we can enjoy parks, sports, the outdoors, dining, shopping etc... Is Fort Mill a nice small'ish town that offers all of this and what it dosnt offer you can hop in your car and drive to Charlotte for?
....Yep!

Old 04-30-2007, 12:17 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Quote:
What exactly do you do in the TV Production industry? I may be able to help in that regard as I currently do some work for a local TV station (currently the leading TV news station in the market). One thing I know is that good employees are always welcome here.

Everything you mentioned is definitely available in both places. It will come down to which area you prefer to live. I love the mountains and would choose Greenville over Fort Mill for that reason alone (okay, among other reasons as well), though others may look at other priorities. You should easily find what interests you in both locations though.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:14 PM

63 posts, read 431,543 times
Thanks for all the helpful insight everyone. Fort Mill sounds like a great place, I am going to make sure I catch a minor league game when I am in town. I love that is close to lakes as well, I love the outdoors.

Skyliner...I work as a Production Manager for a Video & Film Production company, we mainly specialize in entertainment but do a little bit of everything. I'm responsible for managing and coordinating shoots that we do all over the world, setting up satellite transmissions, negotiating deals with vendors, managing budgets, logistics, and even field producing at times. We do everything from press conferences & live events to broll news packages.

I can tell you that as someone who does the hiring of many vendors I can see how hard it can be for someone to get their foot in the door and would more than appreciate you helping me out in any way possible, even if it was just taking at a glance at my resume

Old 05-01-2007, 06:13 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Thanks for all the helpful insight everyone. Fort Mill sounds like a great place, I am going to make sure I catch a minor league game when I am in town. I love that is close to lakes as well, I love the outdoors.

Skyliner...I work as a Production Manager for a Video & Film Production company, we mainly specialize in entertainment but do a little bit of everything. I'm responsible for managing and coordinating shoots that we do all over the world, setting up satellite transmissions, negotiating deals with vendors, managing budgets, logistics, and even field producing at times. We do everything from press conferences & live events to broll news packages.

I can tell you that as someone who does the hiring of many vendors I can see how hard it can be for someone to get their foot in the door and would more than appreciate you helping me out in any way possible, even if it was just taking at a glance at my resume
No matter where you decide to end up calling home....here's wishing you and yours all the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties