Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,155 times

Advertisements

If you are an employer or anyone who might have contact with an employer and could help me find a job - any job, read this!

Some general information about myself and my situation: I am 17 and I will be turning 18 in two months in November. If your job requires people of at least age 18, I will be of age soon! I have been unemployed for nearly 5 months and I'm still looking for reemployment. I am willing to work virtually anywhere, so if you need a worker for your business - I'm the man. If you need someone who is strong - I'm the man. If you need someone who is tall - I'm 6 foot 5 inches. If you need someone who is confident and polite - again, I'm the man.

Experience: I have held one official job as a worker at a local pizza place for 3 months. The reason I stopped working there was because I got a job offer at another pizza place closer to home. However, my to-be boss informed me that he could no longer hire me after I had already quit my old job... so I was left without a source of income.

I am great with computers. I know about them and how to use most of them.

I have volunteer experiences as a Boyscout and from attending my previous high school. Before I moved to Charlotte, I was a 1st class rank boyscout in the troop of 116 and I was active in it for over 4 years. Also, my high school was a Paideia (Greek word meaning the process of educating a man into his true form) school and they also required a certain amount of hours toward volunteer work in order to advance up in grade level. (10 hours freshman year, 25hours sophomore year, 50 junior, and finally 100 hours as a senior.)

I work for a paycheck, and I believe in doing so will ensure my continued employment. I have a friend who works at a bookstore, and from what I've seen, she is one of the few hard working employees in the establishment. There are people who work there and the only thing they do is talk to other employees, text on their phone, or just plain dont get anything done. This is irresponsible of them and they should get fired. I do not believe people like this diserve employment, they are taking the job positions away from people like me who will actually benefit.

---
So... I need a job... anyone willing to help me out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 05:51 AM

157 posts, read 381,119 times
Try filling out applications at places like Wendy's and Burger King. Go during non-busy times and hopefully get to meet the manager on duty. Good times to go would be 11:00 - 11:30 a.m., 2:00 - 4:30 p.m.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:06 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,139,204 times
As long as you are a legal citizen with a valid ID you should be able to find something. If not.well.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties