U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:33 AM

11 posts, read 41,173 times

Advertisements

Anybody else having problems with Comporium high speed internet?

I have Comporium for phone, high speed internet, and security. Over the past month I've had coverage come and go, where I need to reset the cable modem by unplugging everything for a minute, shutting down my computer, plugging everything back in, and restarting my computer. Sometimes I have to do this three or four times to get a connection to come back (five lights on my cable modem vs. two or three when I have no connection).

Comporium has been out three times and still no solution. The service guy told me that I'm having the issue because I don't have cable TV and Comporium has been switching some things around which has been causing problems.

Anybody know for sure what's going on or how to fix this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 02:41 PM

5,978 posts, read 18,787,320 times
I initially had this problem when I changed my router security settings from WEP to WPA, but I think it was more an issue with my computer's wireless card than anything else. After many calls to Dell, it just went away by itself.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,202 times
Default constantly

Multiple service calls on phone and internet. I am ready to drop all service.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 AM

595 posts, read 1,533,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oziem View Post
You do realize there is no alternative to Comporium! It's them or nothing.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:21 AM

10,088 posts, read 10,309,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oziem View Post
Don't try Hughes Net satellite, it is the pits.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:57 AM

209 posts, read 585,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDog3 View Post
You do realize there is no alternative to Comporium! It's them or nothing.
How come no other service provider is in this region? low demand?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:26 AM

193 posts, read 602,626 times
Comporium has been doing a lot of work in Tega Cay (and I think other parts of their local territory) lately, which has been causing service outages.

If you don't have all the lights on the cable modem, it will make no difference what you do to anything else as it means you are not getting a signal from Comporium to the modem.

i.e.- don't bother messing with your WiFi router or PC settings.

Signing up for their TV service won't make a bit of difference either.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 6,082 times
we had major issues while we had cable tv. They actually installed a booster that runs a cable line inside to an electrical outlet to help. Now that we only have internet with them we are having no issues.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:34 PM

161 posts, read 501,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schun22 View Post
How come no other service provider is in this region? low demand?
Here we go again. IT IS THE NORM FOR THERE TO BE ONLY ONE CABLE PROVIDER IN A GIVEN AREA. How many cable internet providers are there in Charlotte? One, unless you count AT&T U-Verse which is actually a DSL based service and is available in a few limited areas there. From what I read, the service is poor and expensive. OTOH, any cable company is free to get a francaise and serve any area. In my neighborhood in IL, we are blessed (?) to have our choice of Time Warner or Comporium. I started out with a deal from TW, and the service was fair, though we had outages from time to time. Then I realized Comporium was cheaper--and I switched when the deal ran out. I've found Comporium's service is much better and I've never had an outage with internet or TV after three years. Time Warner is an "overbuilder" in Lancaster and York COunty which means they only need service neighborhoods they select, rather than serve the entire community as Comporium does. They are now cherry picking a few neighborhoods in FM (the ones where they think they can make the most money) so who knows, your dream may come true, but don't be surprised if you're disappointed.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:24 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,375,390 times
I have high speed internet, home phone, and tv cable...I've never not once had one single issue with their service. I have to wonder why so many others do? Could it be systems not really hooked up right? Could it be an older home, not wired correctly for all the doo dads we now have?

It's so nice to have your tv actually stay on when it rains, unlike satellite.

Comporium is here because they were awarded exclusive rights do to their initial large investment to bring cable etc here. I can respect that. It won't be forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>