U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2007, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 4,709 times

Advertisements

Hello

We are looking to relocate to the Tega Cay, Clover, Rock Hill area from Maryland in 2.5 yrs. Looking for an area to live not too far away from the world but away from fast paced city life.

I heard Clover was a nice town. We are already living the hectic life, definitely not moving south the repeat what we have here. Any suggestions about those areas?

We are in a mid 50's and probably will be working but would like to be near golf and outdoor activities. not interested in living planned developments for the 50+ crowd.

thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 10:01 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,762,360 times
Well, I have been in Tega Cay for a little over 3 years now...and I can't believe all the changes that I have seen....so for me to tell you what York County is going to look like in 2 1/2 years...I wouldn't even know where to begin.

While I know you are not ready to move for a couple of years...best thing I can say to you is...come take a look around...if you like what you see....and can afford it...I would say...buy a piece of land now (cause there is no telling what it will be going for by the time you are ready to move). Then heck, if the area has grown to much for your liking...odds are you could sell the property for a nice tidy sum and go elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeden29 View Post
Hello

We are looking to relocate to the Tega Cay, Clover, Rock Hill area from Maryland in 2.5 yrs. Looking for an area to live not too far away from the world but away from fast paced city life.

I heard Clover was a nice town. We are already living the hectic life, definitely not moving south the repeat what we have here. Any suggestions about those areas?

We are in a mid 50's and probably will be working but would like to be near golf and outdoor activities. not interested in living planned developments for the 50+ crowd.

thanks

Old 05-03-2007, 02:11 PM

128 posts, read 590,397 times
Default clover... i think it's talked WAY up

I actually was just in clover for a job interview and I drove around and so NO reason whatsoever why everyone is so excited about it. I was offered the job and there was no way I was going to take it. The downtown (there is BARELY one) is not nice; It's actually run-down and looks pretty trashy.

Why is everyone so excited about Clover? It's completely beyond me, I mean, I know it's growing but it needs some work in my opinion!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:08 AM

2,536 posts, read 8,762,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpoole52 View Post
I actually was just in clover for a job interview and I drove around and so NO reason whatsoever why everyone is so excited about it. I was offered the job and there was no way I was going to take it. The downtown (there is BARELY one) is not nice; It's actually run-down and looks pretty trashy.

Why is everyone so excited about Clover? It's completely beyond me, I mean, I know it's growing but it needs some work in my opinion!
To each their own. Clover is a small rural town that is spread out (what were you expecting Charlotte, NC?). Most of the current growth (new homes) have been along the lake (Lake Wylie).

Old 05-09-2007, 07:51 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,643,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
To each their own. Clover is a small rural town that is spread out (what were you expecting Charlotte, NC?). Most of the current growth (new homes) have been along the lake (Lake Wylie).
Exactly! The countryside around Clover is very beautiful and has some pretty affordable real estate offerings. As I've said before, I think too many times people get their expectations so high, no place could meet them.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:09 PM

622 posts, read 1,680,921 times
Default River Hills

My wife and I are over 50 and both of us still work. We live in the community of River Hills in Lake Wylie, SC. It is a gated community with a country club, golf, tennis, and a marina. The homes vary in price from 150K + (condos) to well over a million. It is an easy 20 minute commute to the airport and a 35 minute commute to Charlotte (without getting on the freeway).

As a transplant from San Francisco, the location is ideal. Peace and tranquility and a short drive to culture and the city life. You can access their web site at www.riverhillsplantation.com. This will give you an overview of the community and an idea of the homes available.

As this is a gated community, access is difficult without going to see a resident.

I am proud of the community and like to introduce it to people. If you want to visit, contact me by email and I will let the front gate know you are coming as my guest.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Old 05-22-2007, 06:00 PM

6 posts, read 22,514 times
Smile Clover is relaxed and away, but not too far, from the hustle and bustle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeden29 View Post
Hello

thanks
I moved to Clover from Charlotte and am very very happy with it. I still work in Charlotte, but the peaceful drive home (about 30 minutes) is well worth it. I used to sit in traffic on 485 for up to an hour for my commute to and from work. But now I rarely deal with traffic. Also, my neighborhood is close knit and everyone is very friendly. Our community is slowly growing with the town, but I love the small town feel to Clover. I think as time progresses it will grow as well...but nothing like Charlotte!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties