Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 7,766 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to buy a new home soon. He works in Rock Hill and I work in Charlotte - near Southpark. We have started to look at new home developments in Fort Mill and Tega Cay and looking for some suggestions. We are first time home buyers and trying to spend no more than 250K. Any suggestions or feedback?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 7,748 times
I'm also looking for a subdividison to live in fort mill and possibly tega cay or lake wylie. I am interested in walden park and spicewood as new communities - does anyone know much about these? What about some established communities?

Old 06-01-2007, 12:21 PM

474 posts, read 1,750,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyc View Post
I'm also looking for a subdividison to live in fort mill and possibly tega cay or lake wylie. I am interested in walden park and spicewood as new communities - does anyone know much about these? What about some established communities?
I live in Walden Park with my wife and son, so you're free to ask any questions. We looked at Spicewood but were turned off by the boxy look of all the houses and the vinyl siding.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:46 PM

425 posts, read 1,571,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranecar View Post
My husband and I are looking to buy a new home soon. He works in Rock Hill and I work in Charlotte - near Southpark. We have started to look at new home developments in Fort Mill and Tega Cay and looking for some suggestions. We are first time home buyers and trying to spend no more than 250K. Any suggestions or feedback?
I just moved into White Grove in Fort Mill and Love it great neighbors, walking trails, privacy , mature tree's.Lots are bigger then lots of other neighborhood but still less then a 1/2 acre. You can buy in your price range. Check out the allen tate . com web site and put in whitegrove by subdivision and it will show you wnat is avaialbe. Our moving weekend my daughter broke her arm so we had a few trips to Charlotte and it to 22 minutes from our door to Ortho Carolina which is in the city.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:25 AM

9 posts, read 69,215 times
I went to Fort Mill and looked at new houses yesterday. I checked out the Spicewood, Whitley Mills, Dominion Bridge, and Walden Park communities. I really liked the exterior of Walden Park, but the homes that I could afford did not have floorplans that meet my needs. Spicewood definitely looks too boxy and are really huge and felt sort of generic. I thought Dominion Bridge was really nice and found floorplans in my budget. I wonder if the community is too far from the highway, however. Does anyone know what the traffic is like around rush hour by Doby Bridge Rd? Lastly, I really liked the Carolina floorplan for the Whitley Mills community. They only have 9 homes left for sale, 2 of which are the floorplan I liked and then the community will be completed. The exterior colors of Whitley Mills have already been chosen and some of the interior features have been chosen already as well, which takes away from the excitement of buying a new house. I also liked Knightsbridge and Whitegrove if I don't choose a new house.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:05 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,218,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranecar View Post
If you are looking for new homes only...there will be several in Fort Mill that fit within your price range. But in Tega Cay, for something new and within your price range your selection will be a little less to choose from. There is Calloway Village by Standard Pacific, and Meadowview Village by Alluring Homes.

I happen to live in Tega Cay and it takes me 20 minutes to get to the SouthPark area (Ortho. is right across the street from the mall).

Best of luck to you!

Old 06-04-2007, 11:29 AM

192 posts, read 687,798 times
Rolo07, I live down Doby's Bridge in Whitegrove. Yes, the 'rush hour' traffic can be a bear around school time in the AM and 4 -5 in the late afternoon. We're all looking forward to the southern bypass which should alleviate a lot of that traffic.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 PM

56 posts, read 221,388 times
Hello I'm from NY and relocating to Fort Mill. From my research I came across Gold Hill by Standard Pacific. Does any one have input on this subdivision. During my last visit i liked the Spicewood homes just based on the sq footage 2900-3500sq ft and decent price.. Though boxy it seemed like a great location.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:09 AM

9 posts, read 69,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggleflap View Post
Rolo07, I live down Doby's Bridge in Whitegrove. Yes, the 'rush hour' traffic can be a bear around school time in the AM and 4 -5 in the late afternoon. We're all looking forward to the southern bypass which should alleviate a lot of that traffic.
Do you know where the soutern bypass is supposed to be near Doby Bridge Rd and when it is scheduled to be built? I am concerned about how close it might be to the communites I am looking at - Whitegrove and Dominion Bridge. What effect might this have on those neighborhoods as far as noise and added congestion?

Old 06-08-2007, 05:33 PM

192 posts, read 687,798 times
I think it will cross Doby's Bridge Rd around the White St intersection between Whitegrove and Dominion Bridge. I'm looking forward to it as it will dump a lot of the Doby Bridge traffic onto the bypass either going east toward 521 and on to Charlotte, or west toward I77. I've only been here since November and I'm already tired of driving thru downtown Ft Mill. Can't tell you WHEN construction is scheduled to start. Maybe someone else on this board knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties