Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 12:38 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,455,630 times

Advertisements

I am in need for a good dentist that is in network for Delta Dental. I prefer to go to someone within the Baxter/Tega Cay/Fort Mill area. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 01:47 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,977,784 times
I have been with Lake Wylie Family Dentistry for 20 years. I see Dr. Stall but have been seen by Dr. Blackmon when Dr. Stall was on vacation ... they are located in Lake Wylie. I don't know anything about the insurance networks they belong to you would have to call their office.

Lake Wylie Family Dentistry

Old 05-18-2010, 07:36 PM

704 posts, read 2,071,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I am in need for a good dentist that is in network for Delta Dental. I prefer to go to someone within the Baxter/Tega Cay/Fort Mill area. Any recommendations?
I can recommend Dr. Reeves, Rock Hill Dental Center on Celanese Road in Rock Hill.
He takes emergencies and does not try to sell you things you don't need, like full mouth X-rays.
I've had bad experiences with 3 dentists and it's a shame the way some of them do.

Some dentist on S. Cherry Road, purple building I think, I go in with an emergency. Emergency means to me, in the dental business, a specific problem that needs treatment now, a tooth ache, abcess or whatever. Well they wanted to charge close to $200 to take a full mouth X-ray before they would take care of my one tooth. I left. I went to a dentist in Charlotte. He forced a full mouth X-ray on me too. Then he suggested I needed to replace all my fillings and get new ones, thousands of dollars of stuff and wrote me out a bill and schedule to get it done without my permission, and I went there with one tooth hurting. The worse might have been a female dentist there on Pleasant Road, can't remember the name but I better not go look for it because some of you may use her. She actually said I could die if I did not let them clean my teeth before the work she needed to do on a tooth. She too acted like a salesman. I've been with Dr. Reeves and pay cash because his prices are good and there is a good dental payment plan called Care Credit and you get 6 months to pay and no interest. You can usually find the applications in the lobbies of dentists. I'm going to say it any way....Michele Jasper. She'll terrify you and your kids into what happens if teeth are not cleaned according to her schedule. She ought to be out selling used cars. She'll never get another penny from me. A dentist should not refuse to treat someone with an emergency, and require extra services. It's all in the mighty dollar, they want you as a regular patient so they can send you a reminder every few months about your required and needed or die checkup. Salesman is all alot of them are. Dr. Reeves is #1 and worth the extra few miles to Rock Hill.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:58 AM

396 posts, read 977,961 times
Dr. Brianna (Smiles by Design) is FABULOUS! I've been going to her for a few years now since she opened her practice in Baxter Village. She's very personable, gentle - and it's worth going just to see her office! (She had it modeled after the streets and exteriors of Charleston where she used to live. Not that that's any reason to see a dentist, but I can tell you from the heart that she's GOOD at what she does! I won't go to anyone else.)

Old 07-12-2010, 08:44 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,993,375 times
Would you still recommend Dr Reeves? My girlfriend will need a dentist, but has no insurance. She can pay cash or, would want to do a pay by month plan.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
Would you still recommend Dr Reeves? My girlfriend will need a dentist, but has no insurance. She can pay cash or, would want to do a pay by month plan.
I do not know if he does payment plans.
What service does she need?
I think he pulled my tooth for $85. Not sure....I have not seen him in awhile.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
It depends on what you need. Doctor Reeves treats emergencies and some do not. Emergencies mean you have a specific problem and do not want checkup notices every 6 months in the mail, or full mouth X-rays.
Some dentist do not treat emergencies, you let them do it all, or walk.
I walked from the dentist located on S. Cherry Rd. Their bldg. was painted purple. I had one tooth hurting and they required full mouth X-ray to be a "regular" patient and over $200 just to be seen. I walked out.
Dr. Reeves treats what your problem is now. He leaves the care of your teeth to you, and maybe he knows, you'll be back to see him sometime in the future.

I prefer to see a dentist and not a salesman.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 AM

She needs a regular dentist who will do all types of work. She currently needs a "deep clean" of her gums, which can be quite pricey, and a regular cleaning. Once shes all done with that, basically she just needs a good dentist to see 2 times a year. Right now she has no insurance so, she would need to pay in cash or, work out a payment plan (like that care credit you mentioned). 6 months @ no interest is a great deal. Ofcourse if she likes whomever she ends up with, id probably switch too.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:15 AM

most want insurance or cash.

>>>>> I had dental sugury and on the table was CARE CREDIT, 6 months and no interest. I called from the dentist office and signed up and paid for the $500 bill right there.

The interest is rather high, just pay it off in 6 months, same as cash.
Reeves won't push you, but give you what you ask for.
You'd have to call him to see if he finances.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:53 PM

I like this Reeves option. Cash or the care credit is great, esp the 6 mo no interest, because even if its a $800 bill, paying that in 6 months isnt hard. Ill probably take your recommendation and go with it and see what happens!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties