Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 07:58 PM

5 posts, read 6,601 times

Advertisements

Hi all! We are planning on moving to the Fort Mill area in 2012, and we are starting to look at areas to buy a house. I was wondering if you would mind giving me some suggestions for areas to consider? We would like a single family home with a little bit of land: maybe an acre or so. 4-5 bedrooms. Most likely, at least one of us (me or my husband) will be working in uptown Charlotte, so a reasonable commute would be nice. We are also interested in a good school district (although our daughter is only a year old, so we have awhile for that one!).
Most of the neighborhoods and homes I have seen online so far are in fancy neighborhoods with golf courses, etc. Unfortunately, that's just not our style, and I don't think we would fit in in those areas. (Plus most of those neighborhoods have small lots anyway). And the less involved the HOA is, the better (we live in a townhouse area now, and the HOA is very expensive and very involved in the nitty gritty, which I am not a fan of) I have seen some houses online that I liked that were in the area north of Gold Hill Rd. Is that a nice area?
Any thoughts you can give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 06:38 AM

425 posts, read 1,570,988 times
I think the Lynwood farms neighborhood off of Doby's Bridge Rd might be a good fit for you. About a 25 minute ride uptown. Lots are like 1-5 acres. They are in fort mill schools. We don't live there but have several friends that do.

You may want to use Allen Tate Real Estate to look for houses online. You can search by neighborhood which is really nice. They were not our realtor but I liked their search engine best.

Good luck. we moved here 4 years ago and it was the best thing we have done.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:13 PM

5 posts, read 6,601 times
Thanks for the info! I will definitely check out that area. And thanks for the search engine!

Old 11-12-2011, 02:20 PM

261 posts, read 480,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
I think the Lynwood farms neighborhood off of Doby's Bridge Rd might be a good fit for you. About a 25 minute ride uptown. Lots are like 1-5 acres. They are in fort mill schools. We don't live there but have several friends that do.

You may want to use Allen Tate Real Estate to look for houses online. You can search by neighborhood which is really nice. They were not our realtor but I liked their search engine best.

Good luck. we moved here 4 years ago and it was the best thing we have done.
The ride from Lynnwood Farms is more like 35-45 minutes depending where in Uptown you are going. Also the lots are any where from 1 to a little over 2 acres. Definitely not 5.

POA dues are pretty reasonable but there are also no amenities such as pool or common area either. The Covenants and Restrictions are adhered to very strictly but other than that the POA is pretty hands off.

It's a great neighborhood if you like to have your space but also have some good neighbors.

Good luck in your search.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:34 PM

33 posts, read 53,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaetadg View Post
The ride from Lynnwood Farms is more like 35-45 minutes depending where in Uptown you are going. Also the lots are any where from 1 to a little over 2 acres. Definitely not 5.

POA dues are pretty reasonable but there are also no amenities such as pool or common area either. The Covenants and Restrictions are adhered to very strictly but other than that the POA is pretty hands off.

It's a great neighborhood if you like to have your space but also have some good neighbors.

Good luck in your search.
I live right next to Lynnwood Farms and work on the south edge of Uptown and it takes me 25 minutes every morning. I think the 45 minute estimate is pretty high if you are worried about commuting length.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:08 AM

425 posts, read 1,570,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicPickles View Post
I live right next to Lynnwood Farms and work on the south edge of Uptown and it takes me 25 minutes every morning. I think the 45 minute estimate is pretty high if you are worried about commuting length.
We live near there too. Usually takes me about 25minutes. I sorry if I was wrong about the lot sizes, I could have sworn my husbands old boss said he had a little over 4 acres in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties