U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 PM

5 posts, read 10,130 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am interested in knowing what are the best restaurants are in the Fort Mill/Pineville area to take a woman I like for a enjoyable culinary experience? We are in our late 20's and are non-drinkers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 05:13 AM

474 posts, read 1,681,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourassociate View Post
Hello, I am interested in knowing what are the best restaurants are in the Fort Mill/Pineville area to take a woman I like for a enjoyable culinary experience? We are in our late 20's and are non-drinkers.
What is your price range? If you're looking to spend $20+ for main dish the Passion 8 Bistro is a pretty neat place in Fort Mill right on the edge of Pineville. Excellent food. The chef / owner is from Italy. Google them and you can see the menu.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:57 PM

172 posts, read 306,783 times
Passion 8 looks good.

For a little less expensive, I would suggest the Fish Market in Baxter.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:45 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,493,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourassociate View Post
Why restrict yourself to Pineville or Fort Mill. Certainly decent restaurants in the area, but maybe venture to Charlotte? How about the Ballantyne area where you can try Villa Antonio, 131 Main or Firebirds??

Old 05-08-2010, 07:29 PM

5,978 posts, read 18,909,107 times
Fish Market, Baxter Village, Fort Mill.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:13 PM

225 posts, read 661,985 times
I agree on Fish Market, too.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:47 AM

3 posts, read 8,343 times
In Fort Mill I would say the best places to eat are Steves Bar and Grill (actually in Tega Cay) off of Gold Hill Road and Captain Steves at the corner of Springfeild Parkway and 21 Bypass. Both have great service, atmosphere, pricing, and the portions are HUGE. They have something on the menu for everybody.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:43 AM

841 posts, read 2,370,244 times
I like Nakato's Japanese Steakhouse in Pineville...very nice atmosphere and they cook the food in front of you. Not too expensive either, IMO.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:06 PM

5,978 posts, read 18,909,107 times
Thumbs up Thumbs Up for Charandas

Place was packed on a Friday night, were given a little gizmo with dancing lights. Apparently, the corner was too far for the signal to reach, but the kind hostess went out the door and approached us and asked us who we were. Turns out, we were being called. We thought that was neat...going out of her way to call us from the outside. We would not have been missed since customers were waiting patiently outside.

Our server was Victor, very personable gentleman who promptly took our drink orders. He had a good many tables. Within 5 minutes, the manager approached us and asked us if our drink orders were taken and was concerned it hadn't arrived. We told him that Victor has just taken our order, and that we didn't want Victor to think we had complained (which we hadn't!). Manager said that that's within the time limits they have set for which drinks should have been brought in. We were pleasantly dumbfounded to say the least.

The food was good...not extraordinary, but for the area, it was good and service was excellent. The drinks were generous servings, refilled promptly (tea, soda) and alcohol was not watered down. It was overall an extremely pleasant experience - kudos to the manager, hostess and staff. We definitely have found our Mexican watering hole, and we will be back!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:43 AM

14 posts, read 38,040 times
I wouldn't recommend the Fish Market. We went 2 weeks ago on a Saturday night. Service was horrible. Food was just okay...nothing to rave about. The wait staff looked miserable. No smiles, no one outgoing. Looked like they had to bus their on tables that night, so food was left on tables for longer than they should have, which is not pleasant to look at. Had reservations but had to wait at the front for a while b/c they only had one girl working seating people and she seemed overwhelmed. Sat at the bar waiting for our table, 1 other person there and the 2 bartenders working still took 5 min to ask us what we wanted. Food was bland. Although I LOVE Baxter Village, this restaurant is HIGHLY overrated in my opinion.
BTW - went across the street for dessert at the Italian Restaurant and it was like night and day. Super friendly, great service! I would go there again in a heartbeat. Won't be dining at the Fish Market again unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties