Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:08 AM

116 posts, read 430,581 times

Advertisements

Where exactly is Regent Park if you're coming off of I-77S from S. Charlotte?
Is it nice? Pros and Cons?

Also, where is Towns at River Crossing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 12:26 PM

850 posts, read 2,650,054 times
Carowinds exit from Charlotte, Take left on hwy 21, follow maybe half mile, on your left...

Old 03-31-2008, 01:58 PM

9 posts, read 34,238 times
Regent Park has some very nice homes. We were considering the area for a couple of reasons:
1 - availability of some reasonably priced all-brick homes
2 - proximity to Charlotte (10 less minutes can make a difference)
3 - golf! (well, my wife could care less, but I think it's a bonus)

I drove around the neighborhood several times, from the newer main entrance on 21, and then through the "old" PTL entrance on the 21 bypass. Lots of walking paths, but not many sidewalks. Regent parkway appears to have been recently paved. The older section Heritage Blvd) has a bit more diversity in styles of homes, lots of apartments or condos too. Apparently the golf course went public not too long ago - it is well maintained though.

It is pretty easy to get to I77 from the north or the south - easy to get to Pineville too. There did not seem to be a ton of traffic in and out of Regent parkway - although the light at 21 takes............forever. There is some newish retail right at that entrance, including a Bloom grocery (upscaley Food Lion or Bi-lo) and some restaurants, dry cleaners etc. Lots of gas stations and fireworks as you approach 77 on 21, or take Highway 51 into NC and the big Carolina place mall is minutes away.

A couple of things had us pointed further south:

Jets. This particular part of Fort Mill seems to be directly in the landing path for Charlotte/Douglas airport. I have been told that all of Fort Mill is in the lane, but since Regent Park is closer to the airport, the noise from the descending north-bound aircraft was not excessively loud, but fairly constant.

Has anyone heard about a Wal Mart going in at the 51/21 intersection? I should probably read more posts before posting, I could probably answer my own question, but as I was just in Regent Park last week I thought I'd weigh in.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:17 PM

Default thanks! TOWNS AT RIVER CROSSING

Thanks for the info - that's good to know about the airport.
We're going next week to scout out townhomes in numerous areas including regents park.

Anyone out there know ANYTHING about TOWNS AT RIVER CROSSING?
I know it's in FM. lol I know coming from Baxter Village toward the Peachstand you make a L at the Peachstand.....

I don't know anything about this little community. Is it nice/not nice.
Safe/unsafe? Dirty/Clean? Friendly-neighborly/mean-spirited?
Anyone live there? Anyone know anyone who lives there?

Anything at all?

Old 03-31-2008, 02:39 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsantamaria View Post
Thanks for the info - that's good to know about the airport.
We're going next week to scout out townhomes in numerous areas including regents park.

Anyone out there know ANYTHING about TOWNS AT RIVER CROSSING?
I know it's in FM. lol I know coming from Baxter Village toward the Peachstand you make a L at the Peachstand.....

I don't know anything about this little community. Is it nice/not nice.
Safe/unsafe? Dirty/Clean? Friendly-neighborly/mean-spirited?
Anyone live there? Anyone know anyone who lives there?

Anything at all?
Web page from iNest says $123 to $138K, more or less, and 1400 to 1700sq. ft., townhomes. Know nothing about it other than that.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 03-31-2008 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: correct sq ft

Old 04-01-2008, 02:48 PM

I drove passed and through townes at river crossing today and was pleasantly surprised. It's really kinda cute! Obviously these are small townhomes and along that strip is fairly nice with wooded area - there's one small spot with a trailer park and all but it's not that bad. I understand there's a hospital going up somewhere around there. Anyway, back to the townhomes. They are cheap as can be, considered a little "older" (1999-2004?) and they don't usually have all the bells and whistles in terms of appliances and such, but you can always add your own stuff later. I like the landscaping of the area it's really closeknit and tight a lot like Brooklyn was a million years ago....you know, back when it was clean!

Right now I'm sort of tossed up between Townes and Waterstone. I know waterstone is newer and has more stuff and all, but I'm kinda drawn to the overall look of townes and the price is LLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWWWW.

At first I was scared off by the price immediately thinking it means something is desperately wrong with it. Other than the fact they are small and a little older, doesn't seem that bad really.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,859 times
regent park hoa is a joke!

i live in baden village and i am tired of seeing multiple people break the hoa and i talk to my neighbors and it seems that i am the only one getting warnings and even today i got a letter telling me that i am going to be fined for the trashcan violation. i took over 45 pics today and three of which show homeowners watering their grass. which we are in a stage 3 is not allowed. watering with a hose or a sprinkler in hand is one thing but to have people to continue to water with sprinklers is another. also the fact that people are still putting new sod after the fact that it states that it is not permitted.

and before the club house was built i told them that it would be too small for all 4 or 5 neighborhoods. and yet they still stood by their marks and now they are saying that the pool is going to be limited to the amount of people on a daily basics.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:59 PM

81 posts, read 309,625 times
Smile Regent Park HOA

I didn't know Baden Village was considered to be in Regent Park. Are you referring to the clubhouse/pool that is right between Baden Village and Morningstar?
Is that suppose to be for 5 neighborhoods, or only Baden Village? Just wondering. We live in Tega Cay, which is a great area, but the square footage/prices available in your area are good. We have friends there. We'll probably stay here though. Moving is not my cup of tea!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:20 AM

46 posts, read 209,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meok View Post
regent park hoa is a joke!

i live in baden village and i am tired of seeing multiple people break the hoa and i talk to my neighbors and it seems that i am the only one getting warnings and even today i got a letter telling me that i am going to be fined for the trashcan violation. i took over 45 pics today and three of which show homeowners watering their grass. which we are in a stage 3 is not allowed. watering with a hose or a sprinkler in hand is one thing but to have people to continue to water with sprinklers is another. also the fact that people are still putting new sod after the fact that it states that it is not permitted.

and before the club house was built i told them that it would be too small for all 4 or 5 neighborhoods. and yet they still stood by their marks and now they are saying that the pool is going to be limited to the amount of people on a daily basics.
Interesting that you think Regent Park HOA is a joke when you don't even live in Regent Park. YOU live in Emerald Lakes, which is a totally different neighborhood with a totally different HOA. So maybe instead, Emerald Lakes HOA is a joke?

RP HOA is in fact, not a joke at all. I've never seen a board work so hard for their neighborhood. There have been so many positive changes to the n-hood in the past year with more great things to come.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:57 AM

We didn't even look in Regent Park - we saw something cheap as can be in Townes at River Crossing and although it's not the fanciest place and the homes are kinda small - it's perfect for now and it's kinda cute. Funny thing is, the bank did a quick comps appraisal and it didn't appraise for the asking price by 5k. So now, hopefully we'll see what happens. First the inspection fails on the other house and now this silly thing...it's crazy!
We decided to go super cheap because we're opening a small business and wanted extra money to put into that. I had looked at something in WATERSTONE which was cute as a button but it already had a contract on it.
If this one doesn't work out either - we might be taking a stroll on down on RP for the heck of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties