Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 11:48 AM

4,588 posts, read 6,417,422 times

Advertisements

I also think Lowe's want to up its game and build superstores that compete with Publix and Wegman's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 03:37 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,381,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
We have been predicting this for a few months, and yes it's confirmed. Wegman's is finally coming to North Carolina!

Wegmans Food Markets, an 88-store company that is ranked one of the top supermarket chains in the country, is looking to open its first North Carolina store in Cary across the street from Cary Towne Center.

The family-owned company, headquartered in Rochester, N.Y., has its eye on a potential 90-acre development north of the mall on land owned by Columbia Development Group LLC, a Columbia, S.C.-based shopping center developer.

“We have signed a letter of intent and are working through lease negotiations with Columbia Development Group, with hopes of reaching a final lease agreement sometime during the first quarter of 2016,” Wegmans spokeswoman Jo Natale said Monday in an email.

Columbia Development Group has submitted preliminary plans to the Town of Cary that include thousands of square feet of retail, restaurant and office space, plus some residential, structured parking and potentially a 130-room hotel. The company bought the land from the state last year for $21.15 million.

Read more here: Wegmans seeks to open first NC grocery store near Cary Towne Center | News & Observer

I remember Wegmans from NYS and most recently NJ and at one time they were fantastic food stores but the competition has caught on and now a lot of grocery stores have become super stores. We have a Harris Teeter that just opened in our area of 70,000 SF and it has everything that Wegmans has and more.
While it is nice that Wegmans is coming to your town it's not the big deal it once was.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:02 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,029,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Most overrated store ever. Cary is the perfect location for it.
LOL! I agree...it's a grocery store. I do enjoy more choices in grocery stores, but Wegmans is no better than Lowe's, Harris Teeter or Fresh Market. It's just another grocery store.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,510 times
I am from NY and I can tell you that Wegmans is amazing! I'm sure you will love it, from the quality to customer service! The one thing I miss from NY!

Old 01-24-2016, 11:09 AM

8,803 posts, read 10,238,998 times
Strange that Cary would get the first.

That was sarcasm by the way

Old 01-24-2016, 11:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Strange that Cary would get the first.

That was sarcasm by the way

I just wrote a paragraph, till I saw what you did.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:21 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,406,618 times
OT-But I have to know: Is Hellava-Good French Onion dip commonly available at NC supermarkets?

Old 07-10-2016, 04:37 PM

7 posts, read 13,402 times
"LOL itz just a gwofewwy stow"

No, it's a supermarket. Obviously, you have never been in one.

The fact that every. single. pizza I get at Harris Teeter is disgusting goes to show why Wegmans is needed. It's not just about being able to buy a pizza that isn't disgusting. It's about in-store coffee shops, international cuisine, hard-to-find items, and being treated like a customer.

I look forward to seeing my local Harris Teeter burned to the ground. Those people don't give a dayum and it shows--in the prices, in the awful service, in everything. Some minor redecorating isn't going to cut it this time.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:03 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,476,626 times
I'll give you that Wegmans is a supermarket, but then again so are your Publix, Teeters, and Lowe's Foods.

We don't necessarily need Wegmans here; It is something many people want. The same thing goes with Publix and any other chain out there.

Having reasonable access to fresh food is a need, having a grocery store loaded with amenities like indoor coffee shops, full line patisseries, live music, and sit down restaurants is a want.

Last edited by Renownedtheworldaround; 07-11-2016 at 02:44 AM..

Old 07-11-2016, 02:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
We don't necessarily need Wegmans here; It is something many people want. The same thing goes with Publix and any other chain out there.
Wegman's and Publix's expansion into and across North Carolina should cause inferior supermarket participants to get their act together or see their stores close. Fewer supermarket participants in North Carolina are likely in a few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina