Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 07:24 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,404,969 times

Advertisements

Not sure where to put this but I had discussion with some members about slowing growth . Here’s discussion of 2020-2021 as us growth grinds to a halt and as mentioned in this article NC numeric growth slowed down .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bro...a-shows/%3famp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 10:22 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,724,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Not sure where to put this but I had discussion with some members about slowing growth . Here’s discussion of 2020-2021 as us growth grinds to a halt and as mentioned in this article NC numeric growth slowed down .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bro...a-shows/%3famp
It's important to note though from that link that NC growth is still chugging along compare to most of the country. Our state has the 4th highest numeric gains in the nation with 93k people per year. I'd venture that the pandemic has affected that growth in the '20-21 year and we're likely to see an uptick again as things increasingly normalize. Plus with Google and Apple expanding in the Triangle area, you'll likely see a wave of newcomers again.

Old 01-01-2022, 11:26 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,162,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
It's important to note though from that link that NC growth is still chugging along compare to most of the country. Our state has the 4th highest numeric gains in the nation with 93k people per year. I'd venture that the pandemic has affected that growth in the '20-21 year and we're likely to see an uptick again as things increasingly normalize. Plus with Google and Apple expanding in the Triangle area, you'll likely see a wave of newcomers again.
People follow good paying jobs, and by all accounts the good paying jobs will continue to come to this area for the foreseeable future.

Old 01-01-2022, 12:35 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,724,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
People follow good paying jobs, and by all accounts the good paying jobs will continue to come to this area for the foreseeable future.
Yep. It's a domino effect.

Old 01-01-2022, 12:38 PM

4,588 posts, read 6,417,422 times
With birthrates and international immigration at historic lows (and death rates very high), it’s Amazing NC is gaining 93,000+ people per year. I don’t expect birthrates to grow much anytime soon, but immigration is starting to increase again.

Old 01-01-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Pandemic aside it decreased the last 10 years and we were still getting plenty of jobs . I’d wager we grow less than the last 10 years this decade . I mean , predictions were too high for how much people should be here today , don’t see how that reverses . Growth this year was less than the year before as well which was in the heart of the COVID pandemic . I guess you are right give it a year and see . I’m rooting for it to continue to slow and I think that’s what will happen . Not too mention births continue to drop while deaths exceed births more and more .

Old 01-01-2022, 01:03 PM

926 posts, read 827,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Pandemic aside it decreased the last 10 years and we were still getting plenty of jobs . I’d wager we grow less than the last 10 years this decade . I mean , predictions were too high for how much people should be here today , don’t see how that reverses . Growth this year was less than the year before as well which was in the heart of the COVID pandemic . I guess you are right give it a year and see . I’m rooting for it to continue to slow and I think that’s what will happen . Not too mention births continue to drop while deaths exceed births more and more .
While I also think growth in NC may slow down some this decade, my prediction is that birth rates will likely increase on a national level over the next 15 years, so you might see a pretty notable increase within the next 7-10 years.

Old 01-01-2022, 01:17 PM

It’s hard to accurately predict future birthrates. Birth rates have plummeted globally, not just in the West. I think the reasons for declining birthrates aren’t transient, but rooted in enduring changes in values and lifestyles.

Last edited by Tarheelhombre; 01-01-2022 at 02:01 PM..

Old 01-01-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
While I also think growth in NC may slow down some this decade, my prediction is that birth rates will likely increase on a national level over the next 15 years, so you might see a pretty notable increase within the next 7-10 years.
Your the first person I’ve seen say that . What makes you think so? Every indicator says otherwise .

Old 01-01-2022, 02:13 PM

There is hope that immigration will explode again under Biden and amidst record low unemployment rates. Someone has to fill these critical jobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina