Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2024, 04:43 PM

9 posts, read 3,131 times

Advertisements

Hello. My wife and I are looking for a golf community that offers views of the NC mountains but not at a higher elevation (over 1200’). Does it exist? I’ve searched on line but it always takes me to higher elevation towns. Mainly we don’t want harsh/long winters but also not the heat we currently experience along the coast. Thank you for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 06:15 PM

5,465 posts, read 6,085,370 times
If you stay under 1200 feet in NC, you will experience the heat you are feeling at the coast.

To find lack of oppressive heat, a golf community and mt views, you are going to have to go over 3500 feet of altitude.

If you still want to stay under 1200 feet, you need to check golf communities on large lakes such as Lake Norman. The lake will provide some cooling, but it will still get into the 90s during the summer in most of the golf communities I'm aware of.

Mt views, cool summer temps, lack of altitude and a golf community...... you may well be searching for a unicorn.

Old Yesterday, 03:24 AM

13,378 posts, read 27,101,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Mt views, cool summer temps, lack of altitude and a golf community...... you may well be searching for a unicorn.
If you limit the elevation, you will be missing out on some of the gorgeous mountain golf communities like Champion Hils, Cummings Cove and Kenmure. Crooked Creek Golf Course seems to be at about 2000 feet, and is close to the amenities in Hendersonville.

Why not plan visits during both summer and winter? Since winters seem to be becoming milder everywhere, you might tolerate a mountain winter.

Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM

13,378 posts, read 27,101,697 times
Tylthom7 - you might look at posts by Lizap in the Western NC sub-forum. She lives in Hendersonville and is very knowledgeable about the weather and communities near there. It may get 5 inches of snow in winter, and has an average high in the low 80's in summer. If you want detailed views of someone who lives in a cooler summer climate, check out MotorDavid who lives at 3500 feet elevation.

Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM

6,640 posts, read 4,332,450 times
I think it would be good idea to check out the Hendersonville area. Hendersonville is at 2100 and surrounding mountain areas can be a little higher. We’re at 2450. Weather here has been very mild for the last 2 winters with a couple of cold snaps (no snow), and then warming up. I played pickleball outside the entire winter this year. As has been pointed out, we have several lovely golf communities in the area.

Old Today, 07:23 AM

5,465 posts, read 6,085,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Tylthom7 - you might look at posts by Lizap in the Western NC sub-forum. She lives in Hendersonville and is very knowledgeable about the weather and communities near there. It may get 5 inches of snow in winter, and has an average high in the low 80's in summer. If you want detailed views of someone who lives in a cooler summer climate, check out MotorDavid who lives at 3500 feet elevation.
Good advice, but I thought MD lived at around 5,000 feet.

Old Today, 07:47 PM

8,807 posts, read 10,262,099 times
Elkin, Morganton, Lenoir, Wilkesboro.

These aren't golfing communities, but towns with mountain views that (I'm pretty certain) have golf courses/clubs/communities.

That would be my guess as to what the OP is looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: