Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 07:49 AM

8,055 posts, read 7,422,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
was this guy brazilian special forces or something? he seems to have an easy time eluding, well, everyone.
That, or he studied the Eric Frein case. To be fair, the guy committed a murder in Brazil and hid in the jungle to escape capture down there. So getting bitten by mosquitoes and stealing clothes off clotheslines, or whatever he's doing in PA, seems relatively easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2023, 08:52 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times
He is a crafty guy. I give him that. He pretty much has stayed in the county and LEO can't corral this guy. Heard he has a weapon now. I don't think he's planning on going back to the pokey.

Old 09-12-2023, 04:44 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
He is a crafty guy. I give him that. He pretty much has stayed in the county and LEO can't corral this guy. Heard he has a weapon now. I don't think he's planning on going back to the pokey.
Well he will in for life. He might as well go for it and if he is caught or near caught, probably will just start shooting and be death by cop instead of living on the inside for life. He might escape however. He seems to be pretty good at avoiding, but on foot? He needs some help to get out. Let's face it, if he gets far enough away people aren't going to know his face or really pay attention to him. If he makes it to something like a Nashville or other places that no one would pay attention to him, he is free for a while.

Old 09-13-2023, 09:21 AM

9,378 posts, read 9,323,920 times
He was captured this morning.

The government should just send him to Brazil.

Old 09-13-2023, 10:22 AM

8,055 posts, read 7,422,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

Sorry, but nope. It's nice to think we taxpayers might catch a break, and if Brazil had the death penalty I might be in favor of sending him back.

But Brazil is notorious for (surprise!) prison guards being bribed to let certain prisoners escape, and we can't take that chance with this guy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-64451913

"Sterque shot a woman 13 times before returning to his cell. An investigation at the time showed prison guards had been bribed to let him leave the prison and return unhindered."

Old 09-13-2023, 11:05 AM

1,386 posts, read 910,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

Yeah, in a box.

Old 09-13-2023, 12:23 PM

30,498 posts, read 16,202,768 times
He's been caught.

Old 09-13-2023, 01:54 PM

12,384 posts, read 9,483,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
He's been caught.
Thank goodness, I thought they'd never catch this guy. Apparently he broke into the wrong house eventually - with a silent burglar alarm that notified police and that's how they knew where to find him.

Old 09-14-2023, 06:23 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times
The pint-sized killer still on the lam after escaping a Pennsylvania prison last month learned to dodge authorities while hiding out in the wilderness of Brazil — to avoid another murder rap. Danelo Cavalcante, 34 — who infamously crab-walked up two walls at Chester County Prison to escape Aug. 31 — spent weeks in 2017 hiding out in the rural fields and ranches outside Figueirópolis, a small town in central Brazil. The 5-foot-tall killer had fled after allegedly gunning down a friend in a dispute over car payments. “Once you get out, it’s just ranches and bush beyond here. It’s not hard to disappear,” Figueirópolis priest Kelton Meneses told the New York Times. Cavalcante — who was behind bars in the US for fatally stabbing his girlfriend in 2021 — had moved with his mother and brother to the Brazilian community about a year before he allegedly killed his pal over money.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/12/escape...-earlier-slay/

This article didn't have the info I heard on the news this morning. Apparently this guy was almost caught several times but narrowly escaped. He buried his human waste in the ground to keep from being tracked and there were times LEO almost stepped on him they were so close. Crafty guy. I guess the help he was looking for bailed on him or he would have been out of the country. He was trying to make it to Canada.

Old 11-15-2023, 07:24 PM

26 posts, read 25,457 times
Haha I'd be lying if I said I didn't drive out at the time and look for him around the Longwood Gardens area while the police had the area locked down. 20k is 20k! When he got in that truck, the following day I actually drove around Phoenixville and eventually Hopewell's Furnace looking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania