Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2024, 10:55 AM

8,055 posts, read 7,419,522 times

Advertisements

I've been meaning to say this for a couple of months. I am pleased to see Sen. John Fetterman rejecting the establishment on at least a couple of subjects. There is more common ground between populists on the left and right than people think.

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/se...-20240112.html

Old 01-16-2024, 01:53 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,447,522 times
Interesting. Thousands of innocent Palestinians have died for the sins of their government. So it wasn't OK when Hamas employed that logic (kill and kidnap innocent Israelis because of their issues with the Israeli government), but it is OK when Israel employs that logic. Riddle me that.

Old 01-16-2024, 10:50 AM

721 posts, read 597,690 times
Hmm. Well, I'm not remotely pro-Israel and sorry to see he is so reflexively, however, as he says about the possibility that some D voters might refuse to vote for Biden over the issue, it would be dumb of me to do anything to help consolidate R power anywhere since they've gotten so crazy as a party in the last 10 or 15 years. I get that we sometimes strenuously disagree with our chosen reps on certain issues, but it's counterproductive to do something that only helps those with whom we even more deeply disagree.

And there are some places where I also am not in alignment with progressives, and also places that I am. You just have to make the most helpful choice you can when you vote, and then carry on trying to get your reps to see things differently, which every now and then works somewhat.

Old 01-16-2024, 11:34 AM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
While I like his policies, etc. - he really could dress like an adult

Old 01-30-2024, 07:54 AM

1,388 posts, read 909,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Interesting. Thousands of innocent Palestinians have died for the sins of their government. So it wasn't OK when Hamas employed that logic (kill and kidnap innocent Israelis because of their issues with the Israeli government), but it is OK when Israel employs that logic. Riddle me that.
Israel's operation is military and targeted at bloodthirsty terrorists who mass murdered 1400 of their citizens. There is unfortunately a tragic amount of collateral damage due to the nature of the operation but that is also due to the terrorist tactics of hiding among their own civilians and using schools, apartments, mosques, and hospitals as operating bases, making them military targets. Hamas's operation was to mass murder as many civilians as possible dancing at a music festival and by breaking into homes to slaughter entire families. I'm sorry, but your moral relativism here is completely unfounded. Hamas's Oct 7 attack crossed a red line of civility which cannot ever be crossed. They have sacrificed their right to further coexist in civilized society and must be killed to the last man. If they really want to save as many Gaza civilians as possible, the only acceptable solution is full surrender for public execution in Israel and the war will stop. If they want to fight to the last man and sacrifice half of their own citizens making Israel do that, that would be terribly tragic, but that blood is on them, not Israel. For the sake of the civilized world, they must be eliminated.

Once terror of Hamas has been eradicated from the earth, we can go back to discussing what is the best way forward for Israelis and Palestinians to coexist peacefully (since the way it was was clearly not working...), but not until after Hamas has been eliminated. Hopefully, Gazans won't elect a terrorist organization as their elected government next time.

Old 02-01-2024, 02:35 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,511,274 times
Please discuss National Politics on the Politics and Other Controversies forum

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania