View Single Post

Old 06-08-2012, 06:48 AM
CoreLysium

1,644 posts, read 3,043,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevionisDream View Post
I know I am late on here. But I must know what have you decided MysticalDream. I'm planning on relocating to Eagle, ID (or Boise). I'm a young, black, liberal, woman with varying views on religion. I can't stand most conservative policies (However, I do love packing heat). I plan on moving to Boise and enjoying watching my children raise up in a nice house and a nice school. But I'd be darned if anyone tries to run me or my family out of town. People will only go as far as you let them. If it's the kind of place you want to live, live there, and the next time someone questions your belief fallout laughing at their ignorance.

P.S. I drive a hybrid, use solar power, and Love a little tree hugging every now and then!
Granted places are slightly different in the US, but overall it's getting more homogenized. If you want to find hard-line partisans on either end of the spectrum, you can find them. Generally, no one wants to hear them rant except their own kind. Too bad they don't realize this.

I, like you, don't subscribe wholly to either "philosophy" wholly. My current gripe is why can't I be pro-life and also want for poor women to get free birth control. Or the elderly get inexpensive, subsidized pharmaceuticals. And as a religious person, I'm supposed to be in favor of the war in all aspects? And I can't be in favor of oil drilling in Alaska and also want to allow it easier for there to be legal immigration? Dislike the United Nations but want to keep Social Security? The two party system doesn't work for me.

(ooh, turned into a rant. Sorry)