View Single Post

Old 04-19-2008, 09:23 PM
SuperchargedSS

876 posts, read 3,793,628 times

Advertisements

I was back down in FL (our hometown) for the past month with my wife and daughter on some business. Anyhow, I just thought I'd share what I experienced in my FIRST day back in NC today. My point is at the bottom...

-We went to the post office to pick up our mail. Inside was a hand written THANK YOU card from a new kids hair cuttery in Mooresville (Pig Tails and something Curls). We had taken our daughter there before we left. Handwritten address and all! We'll definetly be going back!

-While shopping at Sam's club in Hickory, we went to buy some of the Sam's club branded chicken breasts over the purdue. I was referencing to my wife how it was $.50 per ounce less than Purdue (lame, I know). Then a guy walking buy stopped me and introduced himself as a worker at the local Food Lion meat department. He gave me some information on the difference of the chicken, thus resulting in my choice selection of the more expensive Purdue because its not "enriched" with garbage that can be bad for growing kids. News to me, but he offered the advice without my asking, very nice!

-On the way back into Mooresville, we stopped by the recycling station off of HWY150 and Sherrills Ford Road. I had wanted to drop off a stack of cardboard for recycling. While I was bringing everything out of my SUV, the employee came over and asked if I needed help. I replied with a "no" at which time he noticed I had my 3yr old with me. He said "is that your only one?" I told him yes and he walked off and came back with a tootsie pop for her. Once again, nice gesture!

So all this in one day! Want to know what I got in 4 weeks in FL? Nothing. Not one simple nice gesture, no polite people, no waves, nada. Just alot of honks, alot of rude people, and alot of stress. Man am I glad to be back in NC!!

That is all.