View Single Post

Old 11-27-2015, 10:39 PM
Continuum

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
However as you probably already know there areas only 1/6 of the world is Muslim there are 4 times as many non-Muslims as Muslims. And there is at least 4 times as much violence committed by non-Muslims but as it is not attributed to a religion it does not seem to matter. While the terrorist organized attacks are very noticible many more people are killed world wide by one on one violence. Over 14,000 are murdered every year in the US alone. The number killed in crimes throughout central and south America is staggering. But they do not count because you can not attribute them to a religion.

If you were to end all religion, including Islam> I doubt there would be any reduction in violence. The violence would still be there except one scapegoat would be removed.

It you look at the 10 deadliest wars in terms of casualities, not one was fueled by religion.

10 Deadliest Wars In Human History
We have gone through the above fallacy and deflection of yours many times.

As I said, philosophy is one of my forte and included therein is the Philosophy of Ethics which I have done much research.
Within Philosophy of Ethics, humanity must addressed ALL types of evils. I have also done extensively research on 'What is Evil.'
Note whenever I used the term 'evil' I often qualify it with [of various degrees] because 'evil' is a very loose term and a very complex issue.

So personally I am not ignoring evils by non-Muslims and evils from the secular perspective.
The protocol here is this is a Islam forum, so to stick to the rules and not to go off topic we have to discuss only Islamic-inspired violence.
I hope you understand this critical point.
[have some mercy on others and take the trouble to sink this in to save me the umpteenth repetitions of this point.]

As I had said, I take into account ALL TYPES OF EVILS in the World.
To facilitate tackling it, we categorize ALL TYPES OF EVILS as follows;

1. Secular evils
2. Religion associated evils

To make it easy to deal with the above, we further categorize them as;

1. Secular evil
....details not presented as off topic

2. Religion associated evils
....a. Religion related evils
....b. Religion inspired evils

Point 2 is detailed as follows;
....a. Religion related evils
........Judaism, Christianity
........Eastern, Buddhism, Jainism, Taoism, Hinduism [Vedanta]
........Others

....b. Religion inspired Evils
........i. Islam - On Topic
........ii. Others - not significant and off topic

From the above I have personally covered ALL Types of Evil in the World.
[I will write a book that cover ALL Evils in the World]
Based on forum protocol and rules we can only discuss Islam -On Topic.

So your bringing is other evils, i.e. secular and other religion-related topic to deflect and soothe your soul is OFF-Topic.
If you want to discuss secular and other evils plus how to deal with them we should open separate threads in their respective forums to discuss it.
So I hope you get the point.

The fact is Islam-inspired evils and violence by SOME evil prone catalyzed by SOME evil laden verses is real and a potential threat to humanity at the present and the future. Note what we should be of more concern is now and the future, not so much the past [albeit history is important in one sense].

To address Islam-inspired evils and violence we have to understand the jihadists [thousands of them] and potentially there is a pool of 300 million of jihadists [in various degrees] if 20%.

The worst is no one in the world has the divine authority to insist the jihadists are wrong in their interpretations of the divine words from the Quran [& Hadiths].

Theoretically* if we get rid of Islam then there is one less very serious mass of evil as far as the future is concern. It is not only the evil prone Muslims who commit evil but some % of very good humans are also inspired to be evil by the Quranic verses via their evil prone clergies, ustaz, sheiks, preachers, etc.

When Islam is removed, the 20% of evil prone who were previously Muslims will go on to find other non-Islamic opportunities to commit evil and violence.
Their shift to other evils will be covered by other strategies that are in place to deal with them [off topic here].

*I said theoretically as I know it is practically impossible and not an optimal option to get rid of Islam [or any other religion] at present until humanity can find fool proof alternatives to deal with the inherent psychology.
However, I am optimistic fool proofs alternatives will be available in the future [within 100 years] to replace all religions [Islam in priority].

Last edited by Continuum; 11-27-2015 at 11:03 PM..