Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 07:07 PM

247 posts, read 354,146 times

Advertisements

are most of the celebs on West African TV darkskin? I really need to get out of America. The lightskin worship is really getting the best of me. I can't take it anymore. It's driving me nuts. I want to move somewhere, a place where I see more dark and brown women who look like me that are celebrated. I'm not happy here in America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 07:25 PM

89 posts, read 135,904 times
Post a pic. Ill tell you where to go where people look just like you.
Anyhow. Whats wrong with dark women? There are lots of really dark african women who are quite famous in the states.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:43 PM

247 posts, read 354,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedcolton View Post
Post a pic. Ill tell you where to go where people look just like you.
Anyhow. Whats wrong with dark women? There are lots of really dark african women who are quite famous in the states.
no they're not a lot of really dark famous women in the states. i want to move where i can see more dark women like me in the media. i dont even watch tv anymore b/c there are too many lightskin black women on there. i hardly see anyone my color or with my afrocentric features

Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 PM

89 posts, read 135,904 times
Most of the time African TV is usually CNN, BBC or the local propaganda station. None are worth watching.

I have a friend who is a 6'1 tall dark as soot big nosed woman. Not fat but strong bodied. She used to say how no one liked her. I told her if she would just stop scowling at everyone and keep her voice down she wouldnt scare everyone away. She sat infront of the mirror and practiced smiling. It was scary. but she finnaly got the hang of it and became quite popular. It was the attitude not the skin.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:19 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
are most of the celebs on West African TV darkskin? I really need to get out of America. The lightskin worship is really getting the best of me. I can't take it anymore. It's driving me nuts. I want to move somewhere, a place where I see more dark and brown women who look like me that are celebrated. I'm not happy here in America
Nope. In Africa, TV presenters, models, hostesses, receptionists, are very often lighter-skinned than most of the people who see them. That applies to females much more so than males. The African countries from Senegal to Cameroun have a Sahelian North, and there is no trouble finding lighter women there with some Arab or Berber ancestry.

You have no doubt noticed that in US TV commercials and print ads, with very few exceptions, a black couple will be portrayed in which the male is darker than the female. In fact, you can travel for days, weeks, in Africa and never meet an American traveler of any color.

Please go and see Africa yourself. In all my years of traveling in Africa, I never met a black American there, and have only met one black American in this country who has ever been there.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-13-2013 at 07:36 AM..

Old 08-26-2013, 02:32 PM

38 posts, read 62,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
You sound like a very depressed person, you need to change your life, don't threaten to move......just do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa