Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 10:30 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,542,046 times

Advertisements

China Pledges $60 Billion to African Development | Afro

I have heard that China has taken a great interest in Africa.
What do you think about this partnership?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 12:43 AM

783 posts, read 695,595 times
Sounds great. Obviously China wants more ability to have trading partners. I just hope that the Africans utilize this well to their advantage. I know that China will benefit from this. Africa has lots of potential.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:43 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Africans love China in general for as much as they take from the continent they often build local infrastructure and influence the culture in general. In Nigeria their are countless local projects that not only benefits China trade wise but benefits Africans locally also.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:48 AM

182 posts, read 165,499 times
I'm a bit suspicious of China because the same thing is coming on in the Caribbean too they're funding a lot of projects there and I'm just thinking their must be a catch infact China is doing a lot of investment all over the world.

We shouldn't be too naïve..

Old 12-14-2015, 12:38 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,136,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened one View Post
I'm a bit suspicious of China because the same thing is coming on in the Caribbean too they're funding a lot of projects there and I'm just thinking their must be a catch infact China is doing a lot of investment all over the world.

We shouldn't be too naïve..
If Africans are smart enough, they will take advantage of this and benefit. If they aren't, they will get exploited and they won't benefit and progress.

China sees that investing in Africa now will benefit them in the long run. It's up to the people of Africa and it's nations to benefit as if they're trading partners, and not China being the next "colonizers".

Old 12-15-2015, 05:26 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,793,025 times
Congratulations to China.

Instead of just taking things away from Africa, they are actually investing in Africa.

Of course they are doing this for a profit. What is the problem? Business should always be good for all parts involved. I think that's the Chinese approach for business. A little different of the predatory approach for business prevalent in the West...

Since the West never really invested in Africa, let China do that.

Old 12-15-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Congratulations to China.

Instead of just taking things away from Africa, they are actually investing in Africa.

Of course they are doing this for a profit. What is the problem? Business should always be good for all parts involved. I think that's the Chinese approach for business. A little different of the predatory approach for business prevalent in the West...

Since the West never really invested in Africa, let China do that.
The West takes glee in Africa failing. They want to spite Africans because they think without them colonizing most of Africa, Africa would still be in the stone age. Basically an "I told you so".

China doesn't have those same relations with Africa since they never colonized them.

Old 12-15-2015, 03:21 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
China is smart to build good will in Africa. Meanwhile the West continues wasting billions on unwinnable Middle East wars. I doubt China's intentions are totally altruistic but compared to King Leopold or apartheid they're angels.

Old 12-15-2015, 03:23 PM

182 posts, read 165,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
The West takes glee in Africa failing. They want to spite Africans because they think without them colonizing most of Africa, Africa would still be in the stone age. Basically an "I told you so".

China doesn't have those same relations with Africa since they never colonized them.
The day Africa becomes prosperous is the day I'm totally happy.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened one View Post
The day Africa becomes prosperous is the day I'm totally happy.
Individually, westerners for the most part want Africa to be prosperous and successful, but the governments as a whole? Nah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa