Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 12:48 PM

1,110 posts, read 746,160 times

Advertisements

I understand people's concern about AI taking over jobs and the confusion it may cause regarding what is real and what is created by AI. However, I think it's important to look at the bigger picture here.

Yes, it's true that AI may take over certain jobs, but it will also create new job opportunities in areas like AI development, maintenance, and ethical oversight. And as for the confusion about what's real and what's AI-generated, I think this is a problem we'll just have to face head-on as technology continues to advance. It's not just AI, but all forms of technology have the potential to create confusion and blur the lines between what's real and what's not.

We've seen this before with other technological advancements. For example, when the printing press was invented, there were concerns about the spread of fake news and misinformation. And when photography was invented, there were concerns about people being able to easily manipulate images. But we've adapted, and I'm confident that we'll adapt to AI in the same way.

In short, I think that the benefits of AI far outweigh the potential downsides. AI has the potential to greatly improve our lives and make things easier and more efficient. So, let's embrace it and find ways to use it responsibly, instead of being fearful of it.

---------------------------------------------------

Plot twist, the above was written completely by AI (ChatGPT)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2023, 01:44 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,947,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I understand people's concern about AI taking over jobs and the confusion it may cause regarding what is real and what is created by AI. However, I think it's important to look at the bigger picture here.

Yes, it's true that AI may take over certain jobs, but it will also create new job opportunities in areas like AI development, maintenance, and ethical oversight. And as for the confusion about what's real and what's AI-generated, I think this is a problem we'll just have to face head-on as technology continues to advance. It's not just AI, but all forms of technology have the potential to create confusion and blur the lines between what's real and what's not.

We've seen this before with other technological advancements. For example, when the printing press was invented, there were concerns about the spread of fake news and misinformation. And when photography was invented, there were concerns about people being able to easily manipulate images. But we've adapted, and I'm confident that we'll adapt to AI in the same way.

In short, I think that the benefits of AI far outweigh the potential downsides. AI has the potential to greatly improve our lives and make things easier and more efficient. So, let's embrace it and find ways to use it responsibly, instead of being fearful of it.

So what’s your point here? You went to open.ai, gave it the prompt, copied the output, navigated to city data, started a thread, posted the copy, and then said “see”?

Well? Eek what? Did AI make you do that or was it all you?

Ultimately, the human who uses the output (or demos it in front of everyone risking embarrassing inaccuracies) needs to be responsible for the end product and how they choose to use it.

Old 02-10-2023, 01:47 PM

7,352 posts, read 3,522,888 times
which was written by a human. AI couldn’t exist without humans and humans are still needed to make AI relevant. if humans went extinct, what would be the point to AI? AI also can’t stop the sun from becoming a red giant, Yellowstone from blowing, or an asteroid from hitting. also, ai can’t eliminate the greatest threat to white europeans: climate change.

Old 02-10-2023, 02:10 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,701,602 times
Artificial intelligence is better than no intelligence.

Old 02-10-2023, 03:01 PM

6,370 posts, read 2,703,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post

Sort of reminds me of a Con Man trying to convince someone that they are actually trying to help them.

Old 02-10-2023, 03:16 PM

4,416 posts, read 5,149,807 times
AI is the future. We can’t count on the unlimited population growth pyramid scheme.

It maybe one of the only ways out of an economy based on pro growth, without tanking civilization.

Old 02-10-2023, 03:21 PM

11,460 posts, read 5,980,816 times
"I am afraid I can't do that, Dave."

Old 02-10-2023, 03:23 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
AI is already in the wrong hands....of people that want power and control

Old 02-10-2023, 03:27 PM

1,213 posts, read 567,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Artificial intelligence is better than no intelligence.
So, it’s all we got then.

Old 02-10-2023, 03:31 PM

25,563 posts, read 17,271,154 times
AI has been taking over jobs ever since the elevator operator was replaced. It's nothing new.
There are some things that can be done by smart machines and some things that can't. They even have a machine named Hadrian that can lay bricks! That won't help me with my mailbox mount, but he does exist.

Human population will decline. There will come a day when many helpful robots will be allowed to expire because even they are no longer needed. Just progress, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI