Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 03:23 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,584,060 times

Advertisements

Pretty hard to feel sorry for Fred, but that did kinda broadside him with the flood.

But concidering he did that to Todd and crew "After" they started to hit pay dirt, there is a bit of irony in there about the whole Karma thing!

Looks like Todd got some good advice on the drilling and may work out well!

Those dragline buckets are worth a good chunk of change for people to buy and plant flowers in! About 500 bucks apiece, so he did make good digging them up!

The Plot thickens!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 03:32 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,032,879 times
Yep, I was thinking exactly the same thing last night - Karma is catching up to old Fred. Will be interesting to see how things play out for him.

Good to see that the others might actually be learning something for a change and playing it smart, rather than just digging blind on any old chunk of land because the Old Man has a warm fuzzy in his "gut"! I don't know how much cash they got from Discovery for this season, but my guess is that they've already burned through a sizeable chunk of it so far.

Kinda lost some respect for the kid after seeing him run around looking like a fool with that Mohawk.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Yep, I was thinking exactly the same thing last night - Karma is catching up to old Fred. Will be interesting to see how things play out for him.

Good to see that the others might actually be learning something for a change and playing it smart, rather than just digging blind on any old chunk of land because the Old Man has a warm fuzzy in his "gut"! I don't know how much cash they got from Discovery for this season, but my guess is that they've already burned through a sizeable chunk of it so far.

Kinda lost some respect for the kid after seeing him run around looking like a fool with that Mohawk.

Yeah, seems like it was going to be "Fred leaves, then Crew Todd" comes back and works his claim and makes millions, but the flood wasn't scripted, and Todd's guys seem to be on pay dirt now.

What got me is Fred had a "Crew", which appears to be a "son" that calls him "Fred" instead of "Dad" which is odd! Then he stomps off then comes back when he realizes there is no Discovery Paycheck if he leaves.

BTW, looks like Dorcy crapped in his mess-kit.

That Karma stuff can really be brutal!

As for the Mohawk, at first I though he took off a hat and his hair was just messed up, but it didn't go away.... Seems fame may have gone to his head... literally. I was hoping the kid had a level head, seems he is fading!

To be continued... :0)

Old 11-26-2011, 04:54 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,530,316 times
We shall see... I read some articles that seem to imply that Fred got back to Porcupine creek. The kid and him were fined and ordered to stop mining for a little bit for safety violations.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
We shall see... I read some articles that seem to imply that Fred got back to Porcupine creek. The kid and him were fined and ordered to stop mining for a little bit for safety violations.
Well maybe "Crew Todd" may pull out a good season after all!

Old 11-26-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
What got me is Fred had a "Crew", which appears to be a "son" that calls him "Fred" instead of "Dad" which is odd! Then he stomps off then comes back when he realizes there is no Discovery Paycheck if he leaves.
I've heard that from other places as well. Apparently Discovery gives the cash directly to Todd, then he decides how much everyone else gets "paid". And of course the Dorsey guy found last season what happens when you get on Todd's bad side. If you google him, he's got all sorts of not so nice things to say about his former crew mates!.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Yep, if you watch those internet clips, they have all sorts of interesting things to say.

Gold Rush: Aftershow : Videos : Discovery Channel

Obviously, the lack of safety protocols were noticed by a lot more than just us arm-chair Quarterbacks pontificating here on CD! Supposedly MSA and OSHA got involved. And apparently some National Mining association was also complaining because the show was giving the mining industry a bad name!

Old 11-26-2011, 06:40 PM

811 posts, read 1,319,902 times
I wounder how much each of them make per show?
For them hurting for money, some of them seem to have new trucks an trailers.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:29 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,706,337 times
I liked that derocker that Fred and his son finally got set up. Hopefully we'll see it in action more. That's a cool piece of machinery.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I liked that derocker that Fred and his son finally got set up. Hopefully we'll see it in action more. That's a cool piece of machinery.

Never seen one like that before, looks like a really different approach from other designs. May work pretty well, but may be awhile before it gets online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: