Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totek View Post
When people degrade others with names like "Idiot" it is called "leveling". It is used as a mechanism for people to raise their status by lowering others. It is very common with people with low self-esteem.

Expecting perfection from others like is required by many of people these days is a sign of an abusive person which is extremely prevalent these days..

People who have low self-esteem often have been abused and people who have been abused often turn into abusers.

See a pattern here?

The internet is the "safe ground" for abusers due to your anonymity and distance.

Now go back and read this thread....
You obviously can't handle anyone disagreeing with you and feel compelled to level personal slams towards those who do so. Analyze yourself instead.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:10 PM

67 posts, read 99,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAuke View Post
And people who act sanctimonious and patronizing on the internet are rarely well-adjusted in their real life.

I don't have an online degree in psychology, but it doesn't take much observation of Ted Nugent's behavior (in his very public life) to come to the conclusion that the lights are on, but nobody's home.
To really know a person you must be in their company for 18 months or so as then they will truly show themselves.. It must be nice being omniscient? I have only his public side to judge him by as he is a "show man" I saw him in concert 35 years ago and he was quite an athlete in his youth.

I don't have an online degree either but interpreting my comments as sanctimonious and patronizing is very telling. Any well adjusted human would agree that the tread was a "Nugent Bashing Free For All" and my comments were pretty benign to most.

Written words have a degree of interpretation due to no facial expressions. Calling someone "a baby raping draft dodger" leaves for a pretty narrow interpretation even without the facial expressions. Your defensive posture is your issues surfacing. Putting into play my mental state and calling into question anybody who can't "plainly" see "nobody is home" is "leveling".

What I stated in that post is pretty basic and agreed to by most abuse experts. How people react to the information is also well known.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:33 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
Quote:
To really know a person you must be in their company for 18 months or so
...or see a post of theirs on the internet where they call someone an "idiot," I guess

Old 05-11-2012, 09:41 PM

67 posts, read 99,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You obviously can't handle anyone disagreeing with you and feel compelled to level personal slams towards those who do so. Analyze yourself instead.
You obviously can't handle anyone who disagrees with you or who doesn't live up to your standards/belief structure. Is calling someone an idiot not a personal slam? Disseminating information in a constructive manner is not a slam. You are responsible for your feelings/reaction upon reading that information. You can accept it or reject it. It obviously hit a nerve?

Instead of judging Ted... Judge yourself.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:01 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,808,359 times
Judging Ted is ever so easy...he's a dirtbag plain & simple.

You're the only one here that doesn't see clearly and get it....

Take all that rhetoric you've posted and put it directly where the sun don't shine.

Carry On....

Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
Quote:
You obviously can't handle anyone who disagrees with you or who doesn't live up to your standards/belief structure. Is calling someone an idiot not a personal slam? Disseminating information in a constructive manner is not a slam. You are responsible for your feelings/reaction upon reading that information. You can accept it or reject it. It obviously hit a nerve?

Nope. I agree with CC. Ted's an idiot. Psychobabble on all you want, but you wasn't your back yard that the idiot Nugent left a wounded bear in.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:18 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,817,459 times
But they saw him in concert 35 years ago...so he must be an alright guy.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 PM

811 posts, read 1,316,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Judging Ted is ever so easy...he's a dirtbag plain & simple.

You're the only one here that doesn't see clearly and get it....

Take all that rhetoric you've posted and put it directly where the sun don't shine.

Carry On....
The Conservatives an Tea Party are doing that.

They sent LIBERAL Dick Lugar packing his bags and leaving DC.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,808,359 times
Won't matter at all in the end....

We're gonna really enjoy the crap outta watching you right wing-nuts suffer, b itch , moan & etc...way into the future

Old 05-11-2012, 10:36 PM

868 posts, read 1,426,095 times
Quote:

Double-standard, anyone?

Quote:
I had no idea you and Met were so well-acquainted. I doubt you are, but if I am wrong, I can understand why she's not bragging about it.

Quote:
I don't have an online degree either but interpreting my comments as sanctimonious and patronizing is very telling.
Is it okay if I say they just sound sanctimonious and patronizing?

I can? Awesome.

Your comments sound sanctimonious and patronizing.

Quote:
Any well adjusted human would agree that the tread was a "Nugent Bashing Free For All" and my comments were pretty benign to most.

Written words have a degree of interpretation due to no facial expressions. Calling someone "a baby raping draft dodger" leaves for a pretty narrow interpretation even without the facial expressions.
Actually, I see as many posts here defending him as criticizing. Maybe you should reread the thread.

Quote:
Your defensive posture is your issues surfacing.
I can only recommend the following words of wisdom. They seem oddly familiar to me, but perhaps you have not read them before.

Quote:
Have a nice day! *waves*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska