Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 07:16 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
I can attest to the superglue.. I split my forehead open a few years back and the ER used medical superglue to seal the cut, they used no stitches at all. Just some strips of tape over the superglued cut to keep it together until it healed... In a pinch, I wouldn't hesitate to use regular superglue. Big difference is that medical superglue is sterilized and the over the counter stuff isn't - so you are opening yourself up to infection. But I prefer to take that chance over bleeding out.
If it is super glue.... How can the bacteria escape its grasp?

:0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 07:02 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
No advice. Just wanted to say after viewing your profile photos you are living off the grid in style. What a nice looking place and love the million dollar view.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,936,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Medical superglue is a good thing to have on-hand. Actually, most superglues can do the same thing as medical superglue, but something from the cyanoacrylate family would be less-irritating to skin. If you get a serious cut or some other injury involving a gash, it can slow down or even stop the blood loss. It's also a lot faster than suturing yourself with a needle and thread, and it hurts a lot less than something like electrocautery.

I wouldn't just keep superglue around the house; I'd have it in all the medical kits and vehicles.
Kind of fun reading about superglue,they used it after open heart with no staples or stitches.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:16 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,296,810 times
Very nice place you have. Do you stay there alone? I mean you and the cat? Interesting how we all make different choices and sacrifices in life.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:43 PM

261 posts, read 506,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Very nice place you have. Do you stay there alone? I mean you and the cat? Interesting how we all make different choices and sacrifices in life.

Yes, I stay there alone with my cat. In the summer I'm sure I'll have visitors.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
No advice. Just wanted to say after viewing your profile photos you are living off the grid in style. What a nice looking place and love the million dollar view.
Thank you, I was hoping I made a good choice, and I feel as though I have. I'm not looking forward to the summer, there are a lot of bears here. It's nice not having to worry about that now. Well, not too much anyway.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
I just looked at your album...your cabin is wonderful! Did you build it yourself? Do you have to go out to work or are you self sufficient? Just looks beautiful -- congratulations!

No, I didn't build it. I'm the second owner. The guy before me stayed for three years and had enough. The cabin was built professionally in 2009.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:34 PM

24 posts, read 97,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan3 View Post
Yeah, I just put up an entire album of pics. Just go to my profile, there's also a couple of the cutest kitten in the world, lol.
That's a Siberian, isn't it? We have two Siberian cats just like it!

Old 03-14-2013, 05:29 PM

157 posts, read 185,828 times
Ragnar Benson wrote a book SURVIVAL POACHING. your library can get it. It will show you how to deal with bears. :-) they end up dead, tho, which is probably not what you want/mean.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:21 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,034,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikking View Post
Ragnar Benson wrote a book SURVIVAL POACHING. your library can get it. It will show you how to deal with bears. :-) they end up dead, tho, which is probably not what you want/mean.
I have a lot of people ask me why we don't have the problem with bears in the valley that Anchorage has. I tell them that when bears wander into valley yards they often don't leave. That's the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska