Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:06 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,644,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
• In Alaska it is illegal to whisper in someone's ear while they are moose hunting.
Is it okay to scream? Just asking...

Quote:
• It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
I always thought a dead, frozen one would do more harm... And, as I am from Sweden, the country of fairness, isn't this a little bit discriminating?I mean, has anyone asked the moose if they want to jump out of an airplane? Because if they do...

Quote:
• State policy states that emergencies are held to a minimum and rarely found to exist.
My gouvernment says the same...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 07:39 PM

30 posts, read 84,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan88 View Post
Damn the Kangaroos!!
Just what I was thinking....LMAOOOOOO!!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 09:40 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,046 times
Quote:
• A law in Fairbanks does not allow moose to have sex on city streets.
• Even though it is legal to hunt a bear, it is illegal to wake a bear and take a picture for photo opportunities.
• Fairbanks: It is considered an offense to feed alcoholic beverages to a moose.
• In Alaska it is illegal to whisper in someone's ear while they are moose hunting.
• It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
• Kangaroos are not allowed in barber shops at any time.
• Moose may not be viewed from an airplane.
• State policy states that emergencies are held to a minimum and rarely found to exist.
• While it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.

- now, behave yourselves, OK?
Ahem! ....

In Alabama it is illegal to flick boogers into the wind.

In Detroit it's illegal to tie a crocodile to a fire hydrant.

In Oklahoma dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property and people who make "ugly faces" at dogs may be fined and/or jailed. Also, Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another's hamburger, tatoos are banned, and it's unlawful to wear your boots to bed.

Georgia:

It's against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.

In Marietta, It is illegal to spit from a car or bus, However, citizens may spit from a truck.

Massachusetts:

No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.

Michigan:

You may not swear in front of women and children in the state of Michigan.

A woman isn't allowed to get her hair cut without her husband's permission.

It is illegal to let your pig run free in Detroit unless it has a ring in its nose.

North Carolina:

Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields.

Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited

Arizona:

Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.

Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.

It is illegal to manufacture imitation cocaine.

When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person posseses.

That's just a very few......

Amy

Old 08-13-2007, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,713 times
Default former alaskan

Yes, we have our strange ways, us Alaskans but check out Kentucky's goofy state laws they are just as bad... i'm a current resident
By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground."
Throwing eggs at a public speaker could result in up to one year in prison
One may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once
It is illegal to fish with a bow and arrow in Kentucky
It's illegal to fish in the Ohio River in Kentucky without an Indiana Fishing License
Dogs may not molest cars
One may not receive anal sex...(OKAY......)
A woman may not buy a hat without her husband's permission( FK THAT)

Old 08-13-2007, 08:58 PM

19 posts, read 59,958 times
ok...im ready for my first post.im sure i want to come to alaska.let me say this,i want to play by the rules,and want friends.you seem to be having more fun than you should.so...sign me up,i dont care if i have to flip burgers i want to see.and by the way i dont want to bother moose or bears. sick of the south . goingnorth,ps so tell me about these "strange laws".heh heh heh

Old 08-14-2007, 10:18 PM

29 posts, read 154,176 times
Default Fun stuff!

OK, if you can't wake a sleeping bear for a photograph, can you just go pet one for fun even if it wakes it?
Also, since you can't push a moose out of an aircraft, what happens when he says "HEY! Gimme a chute I am diving!"
And as far as moose sex in town, I would hate to be the one to break that up. He might look to me and think "hey sexy".... YIKES!

Funny stuff guys, just watch out for the Jackalopes here in Nevada, they can be mean. I hear that a Jackalope can make even the biggest truck roll due to their antlers and sheer size.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:36 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,885,078 times
Talking Hmm...

Okay, so would it technically be possible to land yourself a life sentence if...

You were in Fairbanks and had had a little too much to drink, so you decide to spread the wealth by feeding some beer to a nearby moose. This moose happens to be a lightweight, and runs out onto the street to well, you know, with the next female moose it finds. Now afraid that you will get caught, you shove the moose in your airplane and fly off. You are, of course, severely drunk, so you decide to try to do a barrel roll before remembering that you work for UPS so your plane doesn't have any doors. With great dismay, you watch as the moose falls out of the plane and hits a a sleeping bear, much to the surprise of the tourist that was trying to take its picture. Scared to death that you are going to get caught, you land and get out with your mega rifle to shoot the moose and hide the evidence, but the tourist, who is about to be eaten by an angry and tired bear, inches up to you and whispers for help. The moose, bewildered, gets away and suddenly you are both about to be eaten. You whip out your cell phone and call 911, but then the police come and take you away because there will be NO emergencies on their watch!!!

Oh my. I'm not quite sure where that came from. I believe it may be bedtime for Xa'at...

Old 08-16-2007, 06:23 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
wowow.. how many rules did you just break!!

The moral of this story is... Don't drink and fly UPS planes!! And if you DO, have the common courtesy to shoot the tourist as you're flying by!!!
(unless the moose lands on him of course)

Old 08-16-2007, 03:21 PM

429 posts, read 1,147,979 times
What a hoot! I love this board!

Old 08-16-2007, 04:15 PM

276 posts, read 848,480 times
You guys are the best. I can't wait to get out there. I just got myself a NICE raise, and a transferred to a job only 3 miles from home instead of 33... fingers crossed I will be able to save enought to visit early next year!! YYAAAYY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska