Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 10:00 AM

153 posts, read 211,490 times

Advertisements

Does anyone remember this initiative by the City of Albuquerque? Has it helped? We just had folks from out of town experience the city and it
was trashed with litter from Sunport all the way to Paseo del Norte!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 AM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,304,786 times
Spring Winds.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:24 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
TITLE: Toss No Mas

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrye View Post
Does anyone remember this initiative by the City of Albuquerque?
It was not a City of Albuquerque initiative. It is a State of New Mexico initiative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Typmk0IzR0

Quote:
Has it helped?
I dunno... I see a lot of trash being picked up, but I still see litter on the ground...

Quote:
We just had folks from out of town experience the city and it
was trashed with litter from Sunport all the way to Paseo del Norte!
Well, I guess that is one answer. You can report it here: New Mexico Clean and Beautiful: Home

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 01-23-2013 at 07:04 AM..

Old 03-28-2011, 01:40 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Yup, what N8 said. All in all, Albuquerque is pretty average on litter compared to other American cities, but in wind season, all the litter concentrates in a few areas. My yard being one of them unfortunately :-)

Old 03-28-2011, 02:09 PM

105 posts, read 211,965 times
New Mexico just does not have good litter laws in general. People need to start getting fined a larger amount with hefty community service. Then maybe we will see a decrease in litter and garbage on our roadsides.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:45 PM

350 posts, read 768,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-ly View Post
New Mexico just does not have good litter laws in general. People need to start getting fined a larger amount with hefty community service. Then maybe we will see a decrease in litter and garbage on our roadsides.
Heavily enforced laws. Agreed.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflakes View Post
Heavily enforced laws. Agreed.

Liter fines need to start at $2,000, with 24 hours of community service. And it will get worse and worse if you continue.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:00 PM

195 posts, read 472,209 times
Nice video clip; I wonder what year that's from. Does anyone remember the commercials for Recycle, Reduce, Reuse, and close the loop!... 90's flashback.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:43 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-ly View Post
Liter fines need to start at $2,000, with 24 hours of community service. And it will get worse and worse if you continue.
Really? Because the city could make a killing if they just posted a litter policeman in front of my house. Several people, daily, order food at one of several fast-food restaurants about a block away, then park in front of my house to eat it, usually with the car running. About one in three of these people throw their fast-food bag and drink cup out the window before driving off. Some are even kind enough to throw their trash on the street-side of the car rather than onto my yard.

Dirty pigs, I doubt they would do the same in their own neighborhood.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Really? Because the city could make a killing if they just posted a litter policeman in front of my house. Several people, daily, order food at one of several fast-food restaurants about a block away, then park in front of my house to eat it, usually with the car running. About one in three of these people throw their fast-food bag and drink cup out the window before driving off. Some are even kind enough to throw their trash on the street-side of the car rather than onto my yard.

Dirty pigs, I doubt they would do the same in their own neighborhood.
Sheesh where do you live? haha.. and yea I hear ya. We have a trash problem in the west side, far west... where people used to throw their appliances out here. Same with where I live in Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque