Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 08:35 AM

108 posts, read 109,211 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have made reservations @ Church Street Cafe, for the Balloon ride (keeping fingers crossed for weather), Sandia Tram tickets have to be sold the day of the actual tram ride, Old Town, Hgh Noon Historical walking tour, aferwards shop until we drop, walk the grounds at the Casa Rodena Winery, and try out some samplings. Then spend a day up in Santa Fe, one of my sisters ideas, than Wednesday to the museum on Eubanks, the Nuclear Science Museum. Wednesday evening reservations for M'Tucci's. May try and squeeze dinner at Little Anitas New Mexican Restaurant there in Old Town, they told me there is a car show this Sunday so not sure when the show starts or how it would effect how busy the restaurant may be?

On a final thought, does anybody know of a shop I can check out in Old Town that would sell hand stitched made apperal like Ponchos, Shaws, Hooded pull overs and the like? I walked around the park last couple times there as I often stop off at the Old Town Ice Cream Parlor while taking a break from my river ride. I saw or noticed no shops that sells such attire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:38 AM

999 posts, read 566,075 times
You have quite a list there, but you forgot the Pueblo center on 12th street. As for a shop in old town, it is more fun to just walk the whole place and browse. Your guests may find lots of stuff they want to buy in several shops.

Old Today, 08:48 AM

4,889 posts, read 4,835,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerDavidJohn View Post
Hello, I have made reservations @ Church Street Cafe, for the Balloon ride (keeping fingers crossed for weather), Sandia Tram tickets have to be sold the day of the actual tram ride, Old Town, Hgh Noon Historical walking tour, aferwards shop until we drop, walk the grounds at the Casa Rodena Winery, and try out some samplings. Then spend a day up in Santa Fe, one of my sisters ideas, than Wednesday to the museum on Eubanks, the Nuclear Science Museum. Wednesday evening reservations for M'Tucci's. May try and squeeze dinner at Little Anitas New Mexican Restaurant there in Old Town, they told me there is a car show this Sunday so not sure when the show starts or how it would effect how busy the restaurant may be?

We went to the Nuclear Museum last week. The daVinci exhibit is great and will be there for another 10 days or so. They have more planes and rockets than you'll likely see elsewhere. We last went when it was the Atomic Museum near Old Town. Good luck with the Tram. They don't run if too windy so check in before you go.

Old Today, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat56 View Post
You have quite a list there, but you forgot the Pueblo center on 12th street. As for a shop in old town, it is more fun to just walk the whole place and browse. Your guests may find lots of stuff they want to buy in several shops.
Yea, this is over a 5 day period. I got to keep them busy, LOL. Thanks for the tip on the Pueblo Center, I myself have never been there, and its not far from Old Town.

Old Today, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
We went to the Nuclear Museum last week. The daVinci exhibit is great and will be there for another 10 days or so. They have more planes and rockets than you'll likely see elsewhere. We last went when it was the Atomic Museum near Old Town. Good luck with the Tram. They don't run if too windy so check in before you go.

My brother-n-law wants to check out the Museum of Nuclear Science, I have been there before. I enjoyed viewing the Cold War Era Relics in the back lot. I have been keeping my eye on the weather keeping my fingers crossed. I am not sure what the parimeters are for the Hot Air Balloon and Tram as for wind.

Old Today, 04:23 PM

5,060 posts, read 7,455,196 times
It looks like Friday would be good for the Tram. Be careful with the weather, since you can get stuck for hours at the top of the Tram if it gets windy or if there's lightning in the area while you're up there. That could ruin the schedule for the rest of your day. Mornings generally have better weather than afternoon/evening. Balloon rides are usually at sunrise when it's least likely to be windy.

Since you're a history buff, at Santa Fe Plaza, you can point out the Billy the Kid historical marker on the wall next to Tia Sophia's Restaurant (on San Francisco St. across from the Lensic Theater), and also the Manhattan Project historical marker in the courtyard next to 109 East Palace. This was the secret location where scientists first checked in before they could go to Los Alamos.

Definitely check out the New Mexico History Museum there if you have time. They have an excellent permanent exhibit on the history of the state, and you also get to see the Palace of the Governors.

Old Today, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
It looks like Friday would be good for the Tram. Be careful with the weather, since you can get stuck for hours at the top of the Tram if it gets windy or if there's lightning in the area while you're up there. That could ruin the schedule for the rest of your day. Mornings generally have better weather than afternoon/evening. Balloon rides are usually at sunrise when it's least likely to be windy.

Since you're a history buff, at Santa Fe Plaza, you can point out the Billy the Kid historical marker on the wall next to Tia Sophia's Restaurant (on San Francisco St. across from the Lensic Theater), and also the Manhattan Project historical marker in the courtyard next to 109 East Palace. This was the secret location where scientists first checked in before they could go to Los Alamos.

Definitely check out the New Mexico History Museum there if you have time. They have an excellent permanent exhibit on the history of the state, and you also get to see the Palace of the Governors.
Thank you for pointing out the points of interest up in Santa Fe, some really good information you had included. As for the Hot Air Balloon and Tram, is slated for Monday, and I am keeping tabs on the weather. It looks dicey, from 6 days out. Windy, in the evening but we would get an early start beginning with the Balloon adventure, and hopefully we can get up on the Tram by late morning. Of course, the operators call the shots in those venues. They are calling for 22 mph winds toward late afternoon, early evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque