Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 10:01 AM

11 posts, read 44,742 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Just curious if any of you guys, know of a company looking for a Safety Professional. I am a 1998 graduate of Oklahoma State University Fire Protection and Safety Engineering program, over the years I have worked for companies such as National Fire Suppression, ESG (SIEMENS distributor), SimplexGrinnell. I started doing design of fire alarm, sprinkler, special hazard and various other systems, moved into project management and eventually my current position which is sales. I have worked at a smaller company (ESG) where I/we wore multiple hats, took jobs all the way from sales all the way down until the completion reports were handed over to the owner.

During my regular job I also did private consultation work for SherWill Environmental Health & Safety. I am currently working on my Masters in Occupational Health & Safety.

Obviously this is the route that I would like to take in my professional career. That being said, I wanted to throw myself out their and see what happens. I know this is a specialized field and majority of the time the jobs are not out there in your face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 01:49 PM

6 posts, read 15,243 times
If you are interested in Moving to Boise, ID (very similar to Albuquerque in size and temp) you can contact "ECCO" industrial Safety Manufacture and "Smoke Guard" manufacture of home and industrial safety equipment.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:16 PM

11 posts, read 44,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by it-idaho View Post
If you are interested in Moving to Boise, ID (very similar to Albuquerque in size and temp) you can contact "ECCO" industrial Safety Manufacture and "Smoke Guard" manufacture of home and industrial safety equipment.
Thanks, but my wife is being relocated to AlbQ (job promotion) and I am just a tag along. I hope to land something in the field that I am getting my masters in.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,004 times
Default Albuquerque is Funny

With a degree in fire protection engineering, you should be able to get in at either Kirtland Air Force Base or Sandia Labs. Same location different entities. There are a lot of consulting companies here that do a lot of work for DOE and DOD. A couple of months back both of the afore mentioned entities were looking for a fire protection engineer, and may in fact still be looking.

Safety officers is where it gets funny. A lot of mediocre safety people seem to find good jobs that pay good, but people with degrees need to have such specific qualifications i.e. healthcare, chemical enigineering, requirements that it is hard. Me, safety degree years of experience in management, and I have not been able to find anything at this level. far and few between.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,877 times
Are you still looking for fire protection career in albuquerque? Watchdog Security and Fire Protection is looking for qualified designers. 505-250-1529
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque