Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 11:47 AM

14 posts, read 44,638 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a car lot that does their own financing? I think I'd rather get rid of my car here and look for something new but used in ABQ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 12:03 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,788,540 times
CarMax and a lot of others also...

But I usually finance my cars through my credit union.

Rich

Old 05-31-2009, 12:05 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,221,674 times
I think Car Max does (but their no-haggle pricing scheme kinda sucks). Most small lots along Menaul/Lomas have in-house financing, but expect to be shelling out upwards of 11% in financing. You would be better going into a car buying situation with financing set-up with a CU/Bank.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:38 PM

14 posts, read 44,638 times
Default ABQ Ride

Maybe I should think the car thing over again... just finished paying off my current vehicle and am kind of getting dizzy looking at the price tags at Carmax and the prospect of a car payment for the next 5 years or so, again.

What advice do you all have on the public transportation here? I haven't rode the bus in years but can get used to the idea again until I figure out what I want to do in regards to buying again or transporting what I have.

Taxis? What is the average ride around here?

Old 05-31-2009, 12:41 PM

17 posts, read 191,915 times
Yes, please separate the financing from the car purchase. It is much better to get pre-approved with your local bank or credit union, as rybert says. You are more likely to get approved for an amount that is actually affordable and get a better interest rate. Also remember that if you are getting on-lot financing remember that you have the right, under federal law, to be given a copy of the paperwork to take home and read BEFORE you sign it.

Also, try to avoid buying the dealer-offered warranties.... Check to see what warranty remains on the car, if it is used, as the ones the dealers try to sell you extra often don't give you much extra coverage and add hundreds to the price of the car.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:58 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,086,561 times
Buy the best used car you can afford without financing.

Not having car payments is liberating.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:01 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,743,753 times
I personally would recommend Houston Wholesale Auto on Lomas just east of Carlisle. I would however arrange my own financing first, and if you do it through a local bank/CU they will take care of the paperwork for you.

We have purchased 2 vehicles from them since living here in Albuquerque and we just love the no-pressure sales team with the if they can help you they will help you, if not good luck in your search approach. Which is the complete opposite of the other used car dealers who will try anything in their power to make you buy a car before leaving their lot.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:24 PM

17 posts, read 191,915 times
Quote:
Buy the best used car you can afford without financing.

Not having car payments is liberating.
Yes! I love hearing people say things like that.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:40 PM

196 posts, read 591,387 times
JD Byrider. We have our 3rd & 4th cars from them and are very nice folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque