Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 02:32 PM

102 posts, read 289,607 times

Advertisements

As mentioned in my last post, I've been looking at houses online. I've seen some really nice new construction in this area. When we came to visit, the NE Heights area seemed to have a lot of older homes so we were unaware of this little enclave of newer homes. It's so new that Google maps doesn't find it. Yahoo maps does though and it is West of Tramway and just south of where Indian School Rd crosses Eastridge Dr. NE, East of Chelwood Park Blvd and North of Constitution Ave. Any insights into this area would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 08:44 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,715,827 times
Hopefully berncohomes could chime in, however, anything that close to Tramway should be pretty darn solid in the Heights.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:52 AM

741 posts, read 2,923,355 times
I hadn't realized they had developed this parcel of land. Its the chunk of land between the Blue Cross/Blue Shield building and Chelwood Elementary (where I attended 5th grade many moons ago). Its just a stone's throw from the Hinkle Family Fun Center.

Very interesting, well established area. From my experience, most of the homes/neighborhoods in the areas immediately west of Chelwood and north of Eastridge are actually quite nice. The areas moving south from Constitution can be nice too, but definitely more hit-and-miss.

Judging from the aerial pics, buyers would be signing up for the typical new development profile: packed in tight against your neighbor with a small/limited yard, which would actually be atypical for this area.

Chap

Old 08-17-2009, 04:36 PM

102 posts, read 289,607 times
Actually, the listings I saw were almost .5 acre lot which is much bigger than anything else I've seen on the East side in this price range! That's one of the reasons I'm interested in the area. Thanks for the insights though!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:41 PM

3 posts, read 10,527 times
I know the builder of this subdivision, and he's a good guy, very fair and straightforward. He builds a good house, and I think all of the houses in this subdivision are built to be energy efficient.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:29 PM

741 posts, read 2,923,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theplu View Post
Actually, the listings I saw were almost .5 acre lot which is much bigger than anything else I've seen on the East side in this price range! That's one of the reasons I'm interested in the area. Thanks for the insights though!
Glad to be of help! But I would be VERY dubious of that near half-acre estimate. Again, judging from the aerial shots, the entire development looks to be roughly 5-6 acres TOPS. I'd estimate that the area will be divided into 25-30 lots. The math just doesn't add up.

But perhaps my estimates are off-base. Either way, I'd be sure to have that acreage number double checked. Good luck in your search!

Chap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque