Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 07:43 AM

995 posts, read 2,728,589 times

Advertisements

Everything from housing to jobs, to education has been discussed on this forum. So what else is missing that hasn't already been discussed? Sports maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 09:25 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,220,704 times
Nope, everything is out in the open.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 AM

1,938 posts, read 4,751,162 times
The city government's cover-up of the catastrophic increase in toenail deformities
hasn't drawn the attention it deserves....

Old 02-01-2010, 09:34 AM

741 posts, read 2,923,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazyone View Post
Everything from housing to jobs, to education has been discussed on this forum. So what else is missing that hasn't already been discussed? Sports maybe?
Did you say sports?

Again, did you say sports?

Chap

Old 02-01-2010, 09:35 AM

741 posts, read 2,923,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
The city government's cover-up of the catastrophic increase in toenail deformities
Particularly amongst our teens. Truly our city's silent shame...

Chap

Old 02-01-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
Hey! That's a very personal topic!

:Why won't this nail grow straight:

Old 02-01-2010, 09:43 AM

I want to talk about water harvesting. Damned if that hasn't been a bigger drain on my time than I thought it would have been. (of course, re-doing my handy-work once a month because my dog hates me...)

Old 02-01-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
I want to talk about water harvesting. Damned if that hasn't been a bigger drain on my time than I thought it would have been. (of course, re-doing my handy-work once a month because my dog hates me...)
How much do you folks pay for water? Like the type that comes into your home and not in bottles. I have well water, so thats one less bill I have to worry about currently.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 AM

184 posts, read 805,419 times
The way this title of the thread reads.. I almost thought you were implying that ABQ has everything except jobs, housing and education... (hmmm..)

OK.. sports.. Did you know that ABQ will be hosting an International Indoor Track and Field Championship competitions at the end of February!! (and will be doing so also for the next 3 years (2010-2012 !) (Cheek out the media release below). One of my relatives from England is a sports journalist and Olympian T/F statistician and will be coming in to cover these events!

A nice coo for ABQ !! ~ Skysz...

USA Track & Field Indoor Championships to take place in Albuquerque 2010-2012

INDIANAPOLIS
– Doug Logan, CEO, USA Track & Field announced today at a press conference in Albuquerque, N.M., that the 2010, 2011 and 2012 USA Indoor Track & Field Championships, the final event of the Indoor Visa Championship Series, will be held in the Albuquerque.

Dates for the Championships will be February 27-28, 2010, February 26-28, 2011 and February 25-26, 2012. The Albuquerque Convention and Visitors Bureau, along with the New Mexico Sports Authority, the University of New Mexico and the USATF New Mexico, is the official host for the three championship meets.

“All of us at USA Track & Field are excited that Albuquerque will play host to our USA Indoor Track & Field Championships the next three years,” said USATF CEO Doug Logan. “We look forward to working with the Convention and Visitors Bureau, along with their partners and sponsors, in hosting what promises to be three great events in Albuquerque. We expect the 2010, 2011 and 2012 USA Indoor Championships to be among the finest ever.”

In addition to competing for a total prize purse of $117,000 each year, U.S. athletes will have the opportunity to qualify for Team USA events, including the 2010 IAAF World Indoor Championships in Doha, Quatar and 2012 IAAF World Indoor Championships in Istanbul, Turkey.

The USA Indoor Championships had been in Boston at the Reggie Lewis Center from 2003-2009 and were last in Albuquerque in 1966 when the meet fell under the guise of the AAU. And in 1968, the U.S. Olympic Team Trials for the marathon and race-walking events were held on the streets of Alamosa, located at 7,544 feet above sea level, comparable to the elevation of 1968 Olympic host Mexico City.

Albuquerque is thrilled to host the Indoor Championships beginning in 2010. We look forward to working with USATF and our local partners to put on three years of outstanding events and showcase our area to the track and field community from across the country,” said Dale Lockett, President/CEO of the Albuquerque Convention and Visitors Bureau.

Albuquerque’s portable indoor track features a red and white Mondo surface that is state-of-the-art with 6-36” 200-meter lanes on the 60-degree banked oval, 8- 42” 60-meter straightaway lanes running the entire length of the infield which are also the surface for the high jump. This includes two jumping runways and pits, areas for shot put, weight throw, pole vault, and high jump events. The track is stored in a warehouse when not in use.

For more information on the USA Indoor Track & Field Championships, visit www.usatf.org.

About USA Track & Field
USA Track & Field (USATF) is the National Governing Body for track and field, long-distance running and race walking in the United States. USATF encompasses the world's oldest organized sports, some of the most-watched events of Olympic broadcasts, the #1 high school and junior high school participatory sport and more than 30 million adult runners in the United States.

[CENTER]###[/CENTER]
The mission of the Albuquerque Convention and Visitors Bureau is to stimulate economic growth by marketing Albuquerque as a visitor and convention destination. For more information, please call 505.842.9918 or visit our web site at www.itsatrip.org.
Back to Media Releases

Old 02-01-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyszlimit View Post
The way this title of the thread reads.. I almost thought you were implying that ABQ has everything except jobs, housing and education... (hmmm..)

OK.. sports.. Did you know that ABQ will be hosting an International Indoor Track and Field Championship competitions at the end of February!! (and will be doing so also for the next 3 years (2010-2012 !) (Cheek out the media release below). One of my relatives from England is a sports journalist and Olympian T/F statistician and will be coming in to cover these events!

A nice coo for ABQ !! ~ Skysz...

Interesting. I have never been to a track meet before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque