Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 PM

285 posts, read 1,206,350 times

Advertisements

I recently got kicked off my health insurance because I am 26 years old! I have 2 part time jobs and I go to school. With my 2 jobs however I dont get health benefits. The primary job that I get paid the most and work is a very small family own grocery store.

With my medications that I took was my Adderall that I took for my ADD my Bupropion for my depression and ADD and Zolpidem generic for Ambien for my insomnia.

I have been doing okay without my adderall and my antidepressant bupropion. However I am a wreck without my Ambien. I cannot get any sleep. I work at a health food store and the supplements for sleep do not work for me!

Is it possible for me to buy Ambien from a drugstore without insurance. I still have my empty bottles of Ambien so I can show the pharmacy that I was prescribe by this by my doctors.

I live in Georgia so I am not sure about the law.

I need my Zolpidem bad! Yesterday I had to work both my jobs from 4am to 7pm I woke up at 3am I didnt got to bed until 1am the next morning. Its that bad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 08:17 PM

2,903 posts, read 2,146,933 times
yes, you can get any prescribed drug without insurance. you just need to pay cash for it.

you do, however, need an active prescription for the drug. if you have no refills on your old prescription your physician will need to authorize additional refills.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:12 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,372,722 times
If refills run out, doc needs to give you new Rx.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:02 PM

9 posts, read 8,227 times
You'll feel better without Ambien. Went cold turkey after taking Ambien for 15 years. First night was horrid. Second night much better. It gets better. Natural sleep is wonderful. Now I have dreams. Ambien blocked out all dreams.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:37 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
OP: If your script ran out of refills, how can you buy a pharma drug without an rx?

There are MANY MANY ways to work on one's sleep and I have my combo in the Alt section here. Working in a health food store is like a treasure chest of gifts.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 02-15-2018 at 12:18 PM..

Old 02-15-2018, 11:38 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy dee View Post
You'll feel better without Ambien. Went cold turkey after taking Ambien for 15 years. First night was horrid. Second night much better. It gets better. Natural sleep is wonderful. Now I have dreams. Ambien blocked out all dreams.
That's a long time to be taking that sleep med. Hopefully you will continue to sleep and work with other alternatives along the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine