Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 11:59 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,047 times

Advertisements

Among my T2 symptoms are numb feet. Recently my feet have started to swell.

I did some research, including WebMD and discovered that celery seed extract (and raw celery juice) has shown to be successful in improving circulation and reducing swelling. WebMD cited numerous studies supported this conclusion, as did testimonials of individuals on the web pages of WebMD and the various supplement sellers who have product.

I just started taking my choice of supplements day before yesterday, so it is too soon to expect any results. I do suspect that the product I am taking is contributing to my recurring stomach sensativity.

Have any readers here used celery seed extract? If so, for what symptoms? Did you see results in your favor, and how long before you saw them? Did you experience any unwanted side effects?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 10:06 AM

Default Celery Seed Extract - Any Experience With Circulation & Swelling Improvement?

Among my Type 2 diabetes symptoms is numb feet. Recently my feet have started to swell.

I did some research, including WebMD and discovered that celery seed extract (and raw celery juice) has shown to be successful in improving circulation and reducing swelling. WebMD cited numerous studies supported this conclusion, as did testimonials of individuals on the web pages of WebMD and the various supplement sellers who have product.

I just started taking my choice of supplements day before yesterday, so it is too soon to expect any results. I do suspect that the product I am taking is contributing to my recurring stomach sensitivity.

Have any readers here used celery seed extract? If so, for what symptoms? Did you see results in your favor, and how long before you saw them? Did you experience any unwanted side effects?

Thanks.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:50 PM

Follow up:

After a few days I believe I am observing reduced swelling in my feet. I hope this is not optimistic thing, let alone delusion.

I am surprised that there is not more comment on the general principal of alternatives to Big Pharma solutions.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:51 PM

Follow up:

After a few days I believe I am observing reduced swelling in my feet. I hope this is not optimistic thing, let alone delusion.

I am surprised that there is not more comment on the general principal of alternatives to Big Pharma solutions.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:56 AM

6,386 posts, read 6,274,180 times
Well congrats! I hope it lasts. CS is in something I just bought called "stone breaker." This is used to break up kidney stones but trying it for calcifications in breasts. No difference yet. Taking it one week. It has 3-4 other ingredients.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:17 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,866,126 times
I have no experience with celery extract, but have you tried elevating your feet when you sleep? I was having trouble with my feet swelling when my BG was higher and I used a foam bed wedge to elevate my feet every night, and it seemed to help a lot.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:43 AM

428 posts, read 643,474 times
I'm really glad you are seeing improvement!
I've read that celery seed is also taken to help control gout, as it either prevents or busts up the crystals which form and cause pain. I try to remember to add it to my food a few times a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine