Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 01:22 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I had been eating 10 apricot kernels per day...ordered online from a reputable supplier...for six years, when I was diagnosed with my second cancer. I stopped taking them shortly after that because they clearly were not doing anything for me and I was just throwing money away.
Well, that's interesting. I have not gone to them YET but may one of these days. I feel the SEEDS I take are doing a good job but we need all the prevention we can "muster" up.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-10-2018 at 01:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 01:42 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Well, that's interesting. I have not gone to them YET but may one of these days. I feel the SEEDS I take are doing a good job but we need all the prevention we can "muster" up.
The second cancer diagnosis really threw me for a loop because for six years following the first diagnosis, I had been doing so many things to stay healthy. I had totally changed my diet--eliminated most sugar, rarely ate meat, greatly increased the amounts of fruits/vegetables I ate, including all the "cancer-fighting" ones, drank gallons of green tea, etc. I had gotten my vitamin D up to a healthy level. I took turmeric, iodine, Essiac tea, and apricot seeds daily. I exercised and got a great cardio workout at least 3 hours per week, and my BMI was 20. I felt really healthy and really good about what I was doing. Then, boom, a second tumor.

No, I wasn't taking grape seed extract. Was that the one missing factor that would have kept cancer away? There's no way to tell, but frankly, I doubt it. I have genetic cancer-predisposing mutations that unfortunately seem to have overridden all my efforts. Maybe for people with no such existing condition, all of these supplements and so forth would have done the trick, but not for me.

Think, Jamin, how you would feel if after years of relying on grape seed extract and singing its praises, you were diagnosed with cancer anyway. Speaking for myself, I started feeling it was all well and good to be as healthy as possible--I still do most of the things mentioned above--but in the end, it's really a crap shoot. If you're going to get it, you're going to get it. If you're not, you're not.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
The second cancer diagnosis really threw me for a loop because for six years following the first diagnosis, I had been doing so many things to stay healthy. I had totally changed my diet--eliminated most sugar, rarely ate meat, greatly increased the amounts of fruits/vegetables I ate, including all the "cancer-fighting" ones, drank gallons of green tea, etc. I had gotten my vitamin D up to a healthy level. I took turmeric, iodine, Essiac tea, and apricot seeds daily. I exercised and got a great cardio workout at least 3 hours per week, and my BMI was 20. I felt really healthy and really good about what I was doing. Then, boom, a second tumor.

No, I wasn't taking grape seed extract. Was that the one missing factor that would have kept cancer away? There's no way to tell, but frankly, I doubt it. I have genetic cancer-predisposing mutations that unfortunately seem to have overridden all my efforts. Maybe for people with no such existing condition, all of these supplements and so forth would have done the trick, but not for me.

Think, Jamin, how you would feel if after years of relying on grape seed extract and singing its praises, you were diagnosed with cancer anyway. I started thinking it was all well and good to be as healthy as possible, but in the end, it's really a crap shoot. If you're going to get it, you're going to get it.
So you take none of the supps now. What are you doing, is your cancer active?

Old 08-10-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
So you take none of the supps now. What are you doing, is your cancer active?
No, I edited my post to state that I DO still follow most of that regimen. I just dropped the apricot seeds and Essiac as those were the most expensive. Still take iodine, turmeric, and vitamin D, eat well, etc.

I have been completely clear of cancer for 4 years now. As far as anyone can tell. I just no longer feel that my diet and lifestyle make me bombproof as far as cancer and other diseases are concerned.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:08 PM

I also failed to make it clear that my second cancer was not a recurrence of the first one, it was an entirely new cancer of a different type.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:

Think, Jamin, how you would feel if after years of relying on grape seed extract and singing its praises, you were diagnosed with cancer anyway. Speaking for myself, I started feeling it was all well and good to be as healthy as possible--I still do most of the things mentioned above--but in the end, it's really a crap shoot. If you're going to get it, you're going to get it. If you're not, you're not.
I'll never regret taking Grape Seed Ex no matter what. I've had TOO many other good health outcomes from all the years of taking it. I have some yrs left to my life and a lot more can be revealed and I could go in my sleep any time. Ideal way to check out.

I'm pretty clear I would not take toxic chemo if it came down to that decision. I've lived 80 yrs and that's a long time regardless.

To me, the grape seed ex has been money well spent and really inexpensive when I think of all the doctors I have not gone to in the last almost years and drugs I have not taken for the allergies.

So no regrets no matter.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty clear I would not take toxic chemo if it came down to that decision. I've lived 80 yrs and that's a long time regardless.
I wouldn't get chemo if I were 80 either. But when you're 39 and have three children under the age of 10, you look at things differently.

Quote:
I'll never regret taking Grape Seed Ex no matter what.
For the record, I don't "regret" taking apricot seeds. They did nothing bad to me. They just turned out not to be worth the money. No way to know that for sure without trying them.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't get chemo if I were 80 either. But when you're 39 and have three children under the age of 10, you look at things differently.

For the record, I don't "regret" taking apricot seeds. They did nothing bad to me. They just turned out not to be worth the money. No way to know that for sure without trying them.
Cancer is such a mystery..Why do babies get it. I have a second cousin who had a form of cancer when he was 8 or so and now in his 20's...will it hit him again, we don't know. I don't know how he treats his body as they are on the other side of the U.S. from me.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:29 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
No, I edited my post to state that I DO still follow most of that regimen. I just dropped the apricot seeds and Essiac as those were the most expensive. Still take iodine, turmeric, and vitamin D, eat well, etc.

I have been completely clear of cancer for 4 years now. As far as anyone can tell. I just no longer feel that my diet and lifestyle make me bombproof as far as cancer and other diseases are concerned.
Did you have chemo and/or radiation to treat the first bout of cancer?

Both of those treatments can cause secondary cancers.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:31 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:

Saibot, so sorry to hear about your cancers. I think there is just a lot we don't understand about its causes. But regardless of the reason, it definitely was a good thing you were doing all the "right things" to stay healthy - maybe it couldn't keep you from getting it, but it helped you in fighting it. We need to keep our immune systems strong to fight things like this.

While I am with jamin, in that I personally would not do chemo, I understand you being a young parent with kids - you do what you feel will give you the best chance. At this point I am nearly 69, I feel pretty healthy so far and there are no kids involved so would just take my own chances. I also agree with you in that when we try things, especially expensive remedies and don't see any positive results, then we drop those.

I do some things that are contrary to popular belief out there. I don't try to convince anyone else of these things. One is that I go out in the sun for about an hour each day on my bike, no sunscreen. This is how I get my Vitamin D. Vitamin D is an extremely important hormone for a lot of processes in the body; so if one doesn't get it the natural way, it is very important to take the right kind and amount of supplement. Many foods and supplements like cod liver oil contains natural Vitamin D. I sometimes take that in the winter when I don't get much sun.

Bottom line, I believe in the most essential things:

Fresh air and water
Good sleep
Regular exercise
Balanced diet of healthy foods
Laughter and love

These go a long way to preventing illnesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine