Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 01:20 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

You can read links for hours and I'll post this one for starters.

Iodine phobia - NaturalNews.com

And know too there are many forms/brands of iodine and I know many who use Lugols, I do not, I've stayed with Iosol for years...works for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 01:32 PM

Another good read to "chew on".

Fluoride depletes iodine in the body, causing hypothyroidism and immune deficiency - NaturalNews.com

Old 05-30-2016, 12:21 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,009 times
Hey all that bromide too is not great.

I have taken Iodoral for years. I change every now and then to Lugol's 5%. I do painting with it too, on my skin.

Are you taking the helpers? Selenium, Vit C, etc? Vit B2-B3 and and all those?

My Berkey water filter helps with that nasty fluoride in my drinking water. Quick showers to help reduce fluoride on skin. You know, I am not even certain fluoride can be absorbed thru skin...looking up now --

It can. Does.

http://http://althealthworks.com/225...lly-dangerous/

Fluoride also greatly disrupts the thyroid gland, which can lead to weight gain and serious hormonal issues (that lead to more weight gain). - See more at: http://althealthworks.com/2252/why-a....7LUu31UK.dpuf

Old 05-30-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
Hey all that bromide too is not great.

I have taken Iodoral for years. I change every now and then to Lugol's 5%. I do painting with it too, on my skin.

Are you taking the helpers? Selenium, Vit C, etc? Vit B2-B3 and and all those?

My Berkey water filter helps with that nasty fluoride in my drinking water. Quick showers to help reduce fluoride on skin. You know, I am not even certain fluoride can be absorbed thru skin...looking up now --
I take all the helpers you mention. People don't even think about their pets consuming all the "F" waters too. I'm on anti "F" groups and so many passionate people working to slay this long long dragon. I've stayed with Iosol for years. A lot of friends use Lugols.

I've looked at the Berkey but haven't purchased it yet...money constrants hold me back from doing so much I'd like to do for my health.

Fluoridation is the major fraud of the century. And I wouldn't doubt so many health issues from fluoride build up in bodies, pets too.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-30-2016 at 12:43 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 06:00 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
You can read links for hours and I'll post this one for starters.

Iodine phobia - NaturalNews.com

And know too there are many forms/brands of iodine and I know many who use Lugols, I do not, I've stayed with Iosol for years...works for me.
That article is a TEXTBOOk example of how the holistic health movement is heading in the WRONG direction.

There wasn't ONE MENTION or suggestion that people should be getting their iodine from whole foods ie plants grown in Nature. Sea vegetables are loaded with iodine. They also contain all the buffers and whatever is necessary for the body to recognize; break down, utilize and eliminate what it can't use of the iodine.

With Nascent iodine or other man-made forms it can't do that. Of course to make the big bucks on the supplement, the supplement pushers are betting on the fact that people won't wake up and take note that man including Naturopathic Doctors (many of whom hardly act like it) will figure out that getting their iodine in food is the best and safest way to get it AND that so called "science" hasn't figured out how much we need of it anyway.

However, it is safe to say that if you get it from sea vegetables, the body will get rid of what it can't use and no harm will be done. If the body is given iodine in the form of an isolate supplement, it won't necessarily react the same way. It could instead store the iodine or cause harm.

So in my humble opinion nobody should go wild buying up and taking massive amount of man made isolate supplements for long periods of times just like you shouldn't take Rx drugs for long periods of times. Man made supplements are NOT natural. There are no Iodine plants in Nature. Rather if you want your body to have these vitamins and minerals do the research and find which herbs, fruit and vegetables contain them. That way your body can SAFELY ingest them; get what it needs and discard the rest. Hint: The herbalists are the experts in this department.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:40 PM

I don't use massive amounts of "man made" iodine but what I use helps me to get iodine where it's needed...breast tissues for sure. I cannot get everything I need and want from all foods....thanks for the info though.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:36 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't use massive amounts of "man made" iodine but what I use helps me to get iodine where it's needed...breast tissues for sure. I cannot get everything I need and want from all foods....thanks for the info though.
I know. I'm exaggerating about massive amounts but if you ever listen to Alex Jones or Dr. Edward Group you'd think iodine was going out of style they way they push nascent iodine.

Have you ever tried seaweed salad from a Japanese Restaurant? It tastes SO good and it is loaded with iodine that your body can actually use. There are lots of recipes for seaweed salad or Wakame salad on YouTube and you can order the sea vegetables from seaveg.com if you don't want to buy them at an Asian market. You can also get the Nori wraps and just tear those us and put pieces in your salad or wrap up food in them. Seaweed is a great survival food too. It lasts forever and it is loaded with vitamins and minerals that are bodies can actually use that won't just stimulate and later enervate the way the man made (from Nature) supplements can do.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:03 PM

I have bought seaweed off and on for years but can't go to the stores to buy all the time, or I'm just OK with the iodine I take. I know of the Nascent iodine but stay with Iosol, it's only been around since 1942 I think I read somewhere. I don't hear Alex JOnes very often and know of Dr. Group. J

Old 06-01-2016, 08:27 PM

706 posts, read 757,036 times
Yes, iodophobia is alive and well in the US, and most other "advanced" countries.

I take Lugol's because it contains both iodine and potassium iodide. Iodoral is the pill form. Our bodies need both forms, for different organs/functions. I won't take nascent iodine since it's not both forms. Yes, getting it from nature is usually best, but I don't trust much from the sea nowadays and I live in the "Goiter Belt". Also, I find it more helpful to know exactly what dose I'm taking when supplementing for a deficiency. It's hard to know how much iodine/iodide is in natural foods; it varies by season, location, and environmental factors. Lugol's and Iodoral are just easiest and most precise for me.

One of my glands in my neck was swollen pretty much all my life (not goiter big, but noticeable). No doctor ever mentioned it or seemed concerned. It only went down after I started taking Lugol's. I had fibrocystic breast disease that improved greatly after a couple years or less (at first my breasts were more tender, but that was a transition phase). A mere week after starting to supplement, I went into my local healthfood store and a friend of mine who worked there told me I was "glowing". She thought I'd recently had sex. Lol. I had not.

Iodine deficiency is definitely more wide-spread than people realize. It's a shame because it can set a person up for cancer and other "diseases". Most cystic conditions would likely resolve if the person was put on therapeutic doses of Lugol's or Iodoral. The problem is that most doctors aren't exactly knowledgeable about iodine needs; the majority think the RDA is right. They should revisit the topic, IMO. Several doctors have already done a lot of research that they can reference: Drs. Brownstein, Derry, Flechas, Abraham, Tenpenny, and others.

There's really no excuse for the wide-spread nutritional deficiencies seen in our population. Doctors need to learn about them so they can school their patients better. The week's worth of training they receive about nutrition (if that) isn't adequate.

Testing is one issue that I'd like to see resolved. It's expensive and not widely available right now. We need more advances in iodine testing, or we need more iodine-literate doctors to provide the current tests to patients easily. It's advised to have yourself tested before supplementing.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:32 PM

I think common sense can go a long way with this supplement. Iosol contains iodine/iodide and as I said it's been around a long long time. If it's not a prescription drug, conventional MD's don't want to hear us. I can't imagine going back to a strictly conventional MD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine