Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 06:25 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,116,660 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried Pine Pollen? What did it do for you? And was it a strong or mild effect?

I was really surprised to hear they sell it, since it falls so abundantly at this time of year. I guess you have to eat it to get the nutritional effects, though. (Too bad, if I was at least getting some nutrition out of it it would make my itchy eyes a little less bothersome, lol).

Do people put out plates to "catch their own" or is the nutritional pine pollen completely different from what falls from the sky?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 12:45 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,852,325 times
If I read this and your other post right you react to pine pollen. Why on earth would you choose to ingest pine pollen deliberately?

Old 04-15-2019, 01:58 PM

3,546 posts, read 3,116,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
If I read this and your other post right you react to pine pollen. Why on earth would you choose to ingest pine pollen deliberately?
LOL, it's true the reaction is what brought it to my attention. I probably wouldn't have known it was a product for sale if I hadn't been talking about the spring pollen with friends, who then told me I could also buy it in a local store.

But now that I've noticed it's for sale, I'm intrigued. At first I was just joking around about my itchy eyes in the chat thread (which is what you probably saw), but then I started getting genuinely curious. So thought I'd ask a more bona fide question. I googled around a little, but the info I found was mostly from companies trying to sell it. I'd rather hear from people who have used it. And that's why I posted the thread. Would I try it? I'm not sure, but I'm interested in hearing how other people reacted to it. It's very possible ingesting it wouldn't cause the same reaction as having it floating around in the air. Or if the product that's for sale is even that similar to what I'm seeing floating around. A lot of people swear by alternative medicines, so it's a topic I'd like to know more about.

Last edited by Piney Creek; 04-15-2019 at 02:13 PM..

Old 04-27-2019, 11:48 AM

233 posts, read 155,550 times
Default Pine pollen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Has anyone tried Pine Pollen? What did it do for you? And was it a strong or mild effect?

I was really surprised to hear they sell it, since it falls so abundantly at this time of year. I guess you have to eat it to get the nutritional effects, though. (Too bad, if I was at least getting some nutrition out of it it would make my itchy eyes a little less bothersome, lol).

Do people put out plates to "catch their own" or is the nutritional pine pollen completely different from what falls from the sky?
Nope.....BUT I did ingest a tsp of turpentine with a tsp of sugar, it is made from pine....I took it in the hopes of killing off suspected candida, BUT it did kill off the biofilm on my brain almost 10 years ago.

Altho it didn't do what I thought it would, it did do something positive and I was quite happy about.

Never heard of using pine pollen !

I heard the tree and it's parts do contain some special qualities, pine tar soap and turpentine and the needles/leaves have some antiseptic properties......

I just looked it up, among other things it may put some lead in your pencil if you need that kind of help,
it may help females in the same way , I dunno.

But they did refer to it as a superfood and nutritional powerhouse....

Old 04-28-2019, 04:51 PM

Default Tried it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post

After looking it up, I did send for it, and will give report, good or bad......

Old 06-24-2019, 10:40 AM

Default Pine Pollen update

Well it did add a bit to the lead in my pencil, nothing else I noticed.
But anyways I got a lot going on, so I'll have to check it out for a while, later, when I can't be as distracted as I can right now.

I never took the blue pill so I can't compare the two.

It wasn't a fizzle, but a mild ok for me, and since I didn't have a real target for it, really have nothing else to say.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:41 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
I've only been taking it for a brief period so I haven't noticed any specific effects, but I take a variety of herbs that are supposed to overlap with the benefits of pine pollen. I add it to smoothies (Ka'Chava).

Old 06-27-2019, 11:39 AM

249 posts, read 196,133 times
I found this clinical study of pine pollen's antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, though I've never tried it. I'd never heard of it until I saw the post title, which piqued my curiosityt:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19107823

And here's one on anti-aging: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3345248/

Old 06-27-2019, 11:51 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
I don't know about the pine pollen but I know I've had lifechanging results with pine bark aka Pycnogenol and then Grape Seed Extract and going on 25 yrs of taking these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine