Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 11:35 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,787,900 times

Advertisements

My knees have gotten worse and stiff in the last 6 yrs and all since hip surgery. My right knee has been an issue for over 20 yrs and xrays show bone on bone on right knee. I've done acupuncture on and off for years and in recent year have learned to do "self" acupuncture on the knee and have been doing it like every other day for an hour at a time usually. Well for the last week or so I've backed down and my knee is stiffening up more so now I'm going to go right back to acupuncture and see if it really does lessen the stiffness. Here's some comments on this issue.

Acupuncture Could Relieve Pain, Stiffness From Knee Osteoarthritis: Study | The Huffington Post

Here is another informative read on this:

https://www.jointhealthmagazine.com/...arthritis.html

I'm hoping that "maybe" I was being helped but have slacked off and hence advanced stiffness...Gggrrrrrrr Will get back to the needles in a while and waiting for a new order of needles via ebay from china.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 11-20-2016 at 11:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 08:03 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,472,553 times
I bet your knees are bothering you because you aren't moving them as much after your surgery. You could massage them every day and do hot and cold compresses on them. The answer is to move the lymph which is slowing down in that area.

Another thing you can do is switch to a clean healing diet for just a few days and see if you don't notice the pain has lessened if not disappeared. Eat only raw water rich fruit for 3 days - nothing else. Don't eat any animal products or cooked grains. Drink filtered water with lemon juice taken from fresh lemons. Drink chamomile tea or Green Tea or other herbal teas you like. Mandarins and Clementines are in season. if you choose a fruit where you eat the skin, make sure it is organic such as apples or pears. Don't choose bananas because they aren't water rich.

By doing this you'll be taking in nothing but alkalizing healing restorative, cooling, soothing food. You'll start to see what eating a species appropriate could do for you.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:40 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,787,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I bet your knees are bothering you because you aren't moving them as much after your surgery. You could massage them every day and do hot and cold compresses on them. The answer is to move the lymph which is slowing down in that area.

Another thing you can do is switch to a clean healing diet for just a few days and see if you don't notice the pain has lessened if not disappeared. Eat only raw water rich fruit for 3 days - nothing else. Don't eat any animal products or cooked grains. Drink filtered water with lemon juice taken from fresh lemons. Drink chamomile tea or Green Tea or other herbal teas you like. Mandarins and Clementines are in season. if you choose a fruit where you eat the skin, make sure it is organic such as apples or pears. Don't choose bananas because they aren't water rich.

By doing this you'll be taking in nothing but alkalizing healing restorative, cooling, soothing food. You'll start to see what eating a species appropriate could do for you.
The surgery left me with so many complications, including shorter leg. The knee of the shorter leg has been a 20 yr problem. I had an issue this week which really set me back. So I'm doing so little but will massage it more with good oils and it's so true I walk so so little now.

I'm going to really work on just veggies and tangerines for a few days. I just placed an order for grocery delivery as my knee is so nasty right now.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:00 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,472,553 times
Another inexpensive thing we can all do is sprout alfalfa sprouts. You only need a tablespoon of seeds;a glass jar or mason jar; a screen or mesh top for the jar or if you don't have anything use a piece of panty hose... and clean water to rinse the seeds a few times a day and let them drain by inverting the jar at an angle and letting the water drain into a bowl, pan or dish drainer.

Initially you need to let the seeds soak for 4 hours or overnight is alright. Then empty that water; rinse the seeds; empty the rinse water and drain. Do this at least 1-2 times per day or more often. In three or four days you will have luscious fresh sprouts with 10x the amount of life force as a full grown vegetable. You can get broccoli sprouts and clover sprouts and mung bean sprouts are great for Asian salads.

Doing your own sprouting enables you to have truly fresh sprouts too without the slimy bacteria that collects at the bottom of the boxes of sprouts that have been sitting in the store for too long.

Handy Pantry sells sprouts and there are other sellers too.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:54 AM

11 posts, read 9,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Another inexpensive thing we can all do is sprout alfalfa sprouts. You only need a tablespoon of seeds;a glass jar or mason jar; a screen or mesh top for the jar or if you don't have anything use a piece of panty hose... and clean water to rinse the seeds a few times a day and let them drain by inverting the jar at an angle and letting the water drain into a bowl, pan or dish drainer.

Initially you need to let the seeds soak for 4 hours or overnight is alright. Then empty that water; rinse the seeds; empty the rinse water and drain. Do this at least 1-2 times per day or more often. In three or four days you will have luscious fresh sprouts with 10x the amount of life force as a full grown vegetable. You can get broccoli sprouts and clover sprouts and mung bean sprouts are great for Asian salads.

Doing your own sprouting enables you to have truly fresh sprouts too without the slimy bacteria that collects at the bottom of the boxes of sprouts that have been sitting in the store for too long.

Handy Pantry sells sprouts and there are other sellers too.
Doing your own sprouts does work great.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:00 AM

678 posts, read 438,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
The surgery left me with so many complications, including shorter leg. The knee of the shorter leg has been a 20 yr problem.
I am very sorry that you, like most likely millions of others, fell prey/victim to 'surgery'.
You can hear that as the day is long: "The surgery left me with so many complications".
really?
You would THINK, that all that cutting, all those "metal+plastic replacements" can NOT be good.
In fact, by almost all accounts, they are, as you too experienced, full of harm.
so some try acupuncture, or sprouts. Great, if those do the trick.

I never had issues with any joints, until 1 day during Figure-skating practice... about 2 hours.
Knees started whimpering. What??
I ain't got time for that nonsense. - so at home I made Bone-broth, w/ Jello for dessert, for like 3 weeks.
And sure enough, I never had joint-issues again. - I do wish you Well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine