Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 PM

733 posts, read 939,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post
As I said earlier (I'll pardon your short term memory deficiency) phobia means an unjustified horror of something. The q'ran has 213 verses against the kuffar, you might like that but I don't. I don't like nazi's either yet I don't think I am an "naziphobe" as there are justified reasons to hate them. Get the logic?
Sorry for treating you like a kid, but I did try explaining this in a more adult way.
Because other religions don't say anything about people that don't believe in their religion right? They don't say that they're wrong or stupid or are gonna go to hell or anything like that?

It's not justified to hate about 1/4 of earth's population because you have a slanted view of the religion they claim.

And why don't you address the points I made in the last post before this one and the one you were responding to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 08:10 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Like it or not, this is true.
Ronald Reagan and urban areas went together as well as diet coke goes with a pack of mentos

Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
For America- A country born out of violence will always be violent. The history of America is violent, slavery, and good things too. The US is a hard core gun culture. The only people in Europe, I have seen a violent as Americans are Russians. Canadians are much more polite in general. Mexico and much of Latin America has the machismo attitude.

You can get some comparisons on nationmaster but yes the data collecting methods skew results.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:00 AM

491 posts, read 753,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
And why don't you address the points I made in the last post before this one and the one you were responding to?
Because I don't like to waste energy on islamists.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
For America- A country born out of violence will always be violent. The history of America is violent, slavery, and good things too. The US is a hard core gun culture. The only people in Europe, I have seen a violent as Americans are Russians. Canadians are much more polite in general. Mexico and much of Latin America has the machismo attitude.

You can get some comparisons on nationmaster but yes the data collecting methods skew results.
The Europeans proved quite violent too in the 20:th century

Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Quote:
The Europeans proved quite violent too in the 20:th century
True.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:59 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times
There is no one factor that explains all the varied acts of senseless violence. What makes some crimes more difficult to understand is their irrational nature. For example, it is hard to comprehend why a person would walk up to total strangers and stab them to death or why someone would drive by a house and shoot at random. Some claim that violence is inherent in people. Others argue that senseless crimes cannot be explained as an unavoidable part of human nature. Many experts believe that there are a host of factors and circumstances that are catalysts inclining people to commit irrational, violent acts. A report published by the FBI Academy goes so far as to say: "Homicide is not the act of a sober, sane, individual." Obviously, the thinking of those committing senseless crimes is not normal. Something has affected their reasoning to the point that they will do the unthinkable.

Some point to evidence that various forms of media may encourage aggressive conduct. Regular exposure to violence depicted on television, in movies, in video games, and on the Internet is said to desensitize the conscience and inspire violent crimes. Dr. Daniel Borenstein, president of the American Psychiatric Association, stated: "At this time there are more than 1,000 studies based on more than 30 years of research demonstrating a causal connection between media violence and aggressive behavior in some children." Before a U.S. Senate committee, Dr. Borenstein testified: "We are convinced that repeated exposure to entertainment violence in all its forms has significant public health implications." Specific cases are often cited to show that this is true. In the case of the triggerman involved in the cold-blooded murder of a couple watching the sunrise on a beach, prosecutors presented evidence that the thrill killing was inspired by repeated viewing of a violent movie. In a school shooting where 15 people were killed, the two student perpetrators were said to have spent hours each day playing violent video games. Additionally, they repeatedly watched movies glorifying violence and killing...

Old 07-30-2013, 11:59 AM

733 posts, read 939,896 times
Quote:
Because I don't like to waste energy on islamists.
I am in no way, shape or form an Islamist, I'm not even a Muslim, if you were actually paying attention to what I've been saying not only to you but the other individual as well you would know that.

But if you want to just dismiss me like that even though it's patently wrong instead of actually addressing my points which you really haven't been doing a very good job at anyway that's your problem for both being that dishonest with me and possibly yourself.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
I am in no way, shape or form an Islamist, I'm not even a Muslim, if you were actually paying attention to what I've been saying not only to you but the other individual as well you would know that.

But if you want to just dismiss me like that even though it's patently wrong instead of actually addressing my points which you really haven't been doing a very good job at anyway that's your problem for both being that dishonest with me and possibly yourself.
I already sent you links and you dismissed them like the good islamist that you are. Only a islamocommunist terrorist would support the statements on wahabists, safalists, talibans etc like you did. So please bother someone else.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:58 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Canada has a population of just over 30 million. America is well over 360 million...More people - more crime - more violence- Does the middle east have more violence? Is there violence in African nations? Does the state in China inflict violence upon it's own people? Violence is everywhere- No point in pointed at America...,.America has the best media coverage of violence - cos violence like sex - sells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas