Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 04:37 AM

779 posts, read 927,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I don't think we suck at everything and that's not why I started the thread. But one of the things I don't think we do in America is learn from the past. And part of the reason we don't learn from the past is because people think we're so wonderful that we have nothing to learn. A little humility in America wouldn't exactly be a bad thing.
Spot on. I've lived in several different states and if there's one thing that's common amongst Americans it's this, "We have the best, and we are the best at everything!" Attitude (Especially in the south), without having traveled anywhere do substantiate their ridiculous claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 05:41 AM

3,702 posts, read 4,848,917 times
Oh my God! Other country's own more smart phones then us. We must be techno-challenged. Personally, I know many who don't want the danged things.

We like cars! Get over it other country's. A right good many of us don't like living in urban areas, surrounded by thousands of others in 1 building. We don't mind, and actually enjoy, commuting and just taking drives to escape. Oh the horror!

Our life expectancy. All the top country's it's in the 80's and yes America haters, we can expect to live into the 80's as well. We have over 300 million people here so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a larger number of people here are going to be unhealthy in comparison to a country of only 25 million. That will skew the results. I'm willing to bet that the majority of people here on this forum, with a computer, are in the class that can expect to live just as long as anyone from any of the other top country's.

Ah! The old health care in the US sucks line again because we haven't gone over to nationalized healthcare like precious Europe. Well, I can vouch that health care in the US is pretty dang great and state of the art. Yes, we are in the top. I can gearentee that if I have an issue anywhere in the world I am getting on a plane and coming to the US to get treated.

And for thase who say Americans are fat, Travel a bit. I've seen overweight people in your precious Norway. I've seen them everywhere I've gone.

Again, Ive seen people with crackpot ideas and very superstious ones in other country;'s as well. They can be anywhere!

These lists get old after a while. Are we perfect? No! Nobody is. But IMO, we are pretty dang good! We don't have to copy Japan. Or Europe in general. Or any European Country for that matter. We don't need to copy Australia. Or Canada. Or any place else. We are the US. We are over 300 million people in a very large country. Just in numbers there will be more "bad apples" that will skew numbers if graphs, charts and statistics are what you need to go by. I don't go by that crap for anything. I go by reality. What I see. What I witness. And from what I've seen in my travels and experiences is that we are pretty good. No place I'd rather call home. And yes, I've lived abroad!

Old 07-18-2015, 04:43 PM

779 posts, read 927,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
oh my god! Other country's own more smart phones then us. We must be techno-challenged. Personally, i know many who don't want the danged things.

We like cars! Get over it other country's. A right good many of us don't like living in urban areas, surrounded by thousands of others in 1 building. We don't mind, and actually enjoy, commuting and just taking drives to escape. Oh the horror!

Our life expectancy. All the top country's it's in the 80's and yes america haters, we can expect to live into the 80's as well. We have over 300 million people here so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a larger number of people here are going to be unhealthy in comparison to a country of only 25 million. That will skew the results. I'm willing to bet that the majority of people here on this forum, with a computer, are in the class that can expect to live just as long as anyone from any of the other top country's.

Ah! The old health care in the us sucks line again because we haven't gone over to nationalized healthcare like precious europe. Well, i can vouch that health care in the us is pretty dang great and state of the art. Yes, we are in the top. I can gearentee that if i have an issue anywhere in the world i am getting on a plane and coming to the us to get treated.

And for thase who say americans are fat, travel a bit. I've seen overweight people in your precious norway. I've seen them everywhere i've gone.

Again, ive seen people with crackpot ideas and very superstious ones in other country;'s as well. They can be anywhere!

These lists get old after a while. Are we perfect? No! Nobody is. But imo, we are pretty dang good! We don't have to copy japan. Or europe in general. Or any european country for that matter. We don't need to copy australia. Or canada. Or any place else. We are the us. We are over 300 million people in a very large country. Just in numbers there will be more "bad apples" that will skew numbers if graphs, charts and statistics are what you need to go by. I don't go by that crap for anything. I go by reality. What i see. What i witness. And from what i've seen in my travels and experiences is that we are pretty good. No place i'd rather call home. And yes, i've lived abroad!
..... BOOOOOOOOOOO! **Throws Tomatoes**
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas