Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,189 times

Advertisements

Hello guys! I'm new here but I've always wondered what's the best country to be gay in general Argentina or Brazil? Both countries have legalized gay marriage, but in general which one people seem to be more open about gay relationships and gay marriage? In which country acception and tolerance is the greatest? And how would you compare those countries acception of LGBT people to America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 03:13 AM

844 posts, read 1,063,178 times
You can be happy anywhere, just put your heart into it.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:44 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,021,486 times
Outside Southern Brazil i think Argentina wins this.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:56 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,432,907 times
It depends more on the city you live than than the country.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:23 AM

3,977 posts, read 6,783,287 times
Here in Fortaleza, Northeastern Brazil, all gays that I know are very happy, and they feel very "accepted" by society.

People in Fortaleza consider perfectly normal to find gays everywhere. And they ARE everywhere here!

And there are thousands of legally married gay couples here.

I'm an heterosexual man from Fortaleza, I have gay friends, and that's the norm here. And the gays from Fortaleza are perhaps the funniest people on Earth

Old 12-07-2015, 11:51 AM

Oh, and by the way, I believe Fortaleza's Gay Pride Parade is the third largest in Brazil after Sao Paulo and Rio.

I'm an heterosexual man. Do you think I'm "ashamed" of that? I'm actually proud of it.

I'm proud to see how gays are acepted as normal and productive citizens in my city, and how they feel free enough in this city to go to a Gay Pride Parade without fear.

Fortaleza accepts homosexuality very well. Of course there are some bigots, mostly Pentecostal Protestants (not all of the Pentecostal Protestants), but in general people don't have much prejudice. Many religious people believe gays are "living in sin", but they don't judge gays, they let the God that they believe to make that judgement, and deal with gays without intolerance.

What is common in Fortaleza is to find heterosexual men trying to imitate the so called "gay accent", just for fun. Most gays here don't find that to be offensive, because they know it's not intended to ridicule gays or to "inferiorize" gays, it's just for fun, because most people in Fortaleza tend to find the so called "gay accent" to be hilarious.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:42 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Oh, and by the way, I believe Fortaleza's Gay Pride Parade is the third largest in Brazil after Sao Paulo and Rio.

I'm an heterosexual man. Do you think I'm "ashamed" of that? I'm actually proud of it.

I'm proud to see how gays are acepted as normal and productive citizens in my city, and how they feel free enough in this city to go to a Gay Pride Parade without fear.

Fortaleza accepts homosexuality very well. Of course there are some bigots, mostly Pentecostal Protestants (not all of the Pentecostal Protestants), but in general people don't have much prejudice. Many religious people believe gays are "living in sin", but they don't judge gays, they let the God that they believe to make that judgement, and deal with gays without intolerance.

What is common in Fortaleza is to find heterosexual men trying to imitate the so called "gay accent", just for fun. Most gays here don't find that to be offensive, because they know it's not intended to ridicule gays or to "inferiorize" gays, it's just for fun, because most people in Fortaleza tend to find the so called "gay accent" to be hilarious.

It sounds like in Fortaleza that the "gay accent" for homosexual males is the norm.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:27 PM

844 posts, read 1,063,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post

In a few words; Fortaleza is a gay fortress. Well fitting name for the city.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
It sounds like in Fortaleza that the "gay accent" for homosexual males is the norm.
Not the norm.

Heterosexual males only use the accent when they want to make fun, not all the time!

Old 12-07-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
In a few words; Fortaleza is a gay fortress. Well fitting name for the city.
Hey, heterosexual males are still the majority of males here!

But the more gays there are, the least is the competition for the girls, so, we don't mind if we become minority some day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas