Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2017, 03:25 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,049,955 times

Advertisements

So much for the idea that if a country doesn't get involved in the war on terror that the animals won't bother them.

Policía capturó a extranjero por 'amenaza de atentado' en concierto de Ariana Grande
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 05:04 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,947,742 times
What you said was proven a while back this very same year when a Palestinian detonated a bomb in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The very first act of terrorism related to Islam in South America.

So sad, they are going after the entire Western World, even the poorer parts of it that hardly has anything to do with the wars in the Middle East. If anything, Latin America is often 'discriminated' against by other Western countries where most people pretend Latin America isn't part of the West when in fact it is. The Islamic terrorists apparently figure that out already.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:32 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
Default .........

Crazy people in general from anywhere are just looking for a cause to join to justify doing stupid stuff like this anywhere. Socially retarded people causing drama because they got nothing better to do.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:30 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,739,571 times
http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-...503-story.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSEt8_i2AEU

Old 07-12-2017, 10:44 AM

881 posts, read 922,368 times
After all it was just a joke by a teenager. He was indeed a foreigner... Colombian.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:33 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,323,293 times
****, don't tell me this religious jihadi bull**** is gonna reach down here too. I always thought Latin America was the one spot in the world immune from this crap

Old 07-12-2017, 03:17 PM

No where is immune for this nonsense.
I don't get how people don't see that fanatical behaviour has been a crutch in human sability since the dawn of time.
The problem is human behaviour. There are too many lost sheep in the world looking to follow something to give them the feeling of purpose. What ever riduclous cause grabs these fools attention first gets them.

I should really start wearing a " I hate stupid follwers" t-shirt".

If people are living lives that suckso bad it is pretty easy to sell them a promise of a magical after life if they do x, y, z.

In my humble opinion the entire Latin America is swarming with this problem already ex Christians flipping from different verious of the same bizzar promising of a better life if you following this type of faith or that type of faith. The entire situation is all smoke and mirrors. I would think Latin America is a HUGE risk for falling under the spell of this type of fanatical faith. Central America spefically. ISIS acts like a cults and gang combined. You have poverty and crime ... you just need a good puppet and the cancer starts to grow.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:04 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,323,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
No where is immune for this nonsense.
I don't get how people don't see that fanatical behaviour has been a crutch in human sability since the dawn of time.
The problem is human behaviour. There are too many lost sheep in the world looking to follow something to give them the feeling of purpose. What ever riduclous cause grabs these fools attention first gets them.

I should really start wearing a " I hate stupid follwers" t-shirt".

If people are living lives that suckso bad it is pretty easy to sell them a promise of a magical after life if they do x, y, z.

In my humble opinion the entire Latin America is swarming with this problem already ex Christians flipping from different verious of the same bizzar promising of a better life if you following this type of faith or that type of faith. The entire situation is all smoke and mirrors. I would think Latin America is a HUGE risk for falling under the spell of this type of fanatical faith. Central America spefically. ISIS acts like a cults and gang combined. You have poverty and crime ... you just need a good puppet and the cancer starts to grow.
I agree, when life sucks you are a lot more desperate to do anything to get out of it. If you are in miserable poverty, you will want to do anything to break out of it, even listening to some crazy figures. This is how Pablo Escobar became known to be the "Robin Hood Antioqueno" in the slums of Medellin even tho he was a murderous psychopath

Imo Latin America, at least South America, is less prone to this sort of thing. While life is not the best in general there is a lot of hope in these countries. South American countries in general have really high happiness scores, up there on par with Northern Europe, despite having much much much lower GDP. Peru was rated as the most optimistic country when it comes to their economy. Countries with growing economies and a positive outlook on life are not the type that will be attracting a lot of ISIS prospects. Countries that would be most at risk are struggling countries like Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, and Central America. El Salvador is one of the most homophobic countries in Latin America, has 19th century views on issues like abortion, and as it is already has tons of gangs. Seems like ground zero for an ISIS-like group to take over. In comparison a country like Colombia where the homicide rates are plunging to the lowest rates in history, the economy is one of the fastest growing in the hemisphere, and there is a strong sense of familiar structure and happiness, that sort of country is generally safer from cults

Old 07-12-2017, 10:22 PM

Default The great con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I agree, when life sucks you are a lot more desperate to do anything to get out of it. If you are in miserable poverty, you will want to do anything to break out of it, even listening to some crazy figures. This is how Pablo Escobar became known to be the "Robin Hood Antioqueno" in the slums of Medellin even tho he was a murderous psychopath

Imo Latin America, at least South America, is less prone to this sort of thing. While life is not the best in general there is a lot of hope in these countries. South American countries in general have really high happiness scores, up there on par with Northern Europe, despite having much much much lower GDP. Peru was rated as the most optimistic country when it comes to their economy. Countries with growing economies and a positive outlook on life are not the type that will be attracting a lot of ISIS prospects. Countries that would be most at risk are struggling countries like Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, and Central America. El Salvador is one of the most homophobic countries in Latin America, has 19th century views on issues like abortion, and as it is already has tons of gangs. Seems like ground zero for an ISIS-like group to take over. In comparison a country like Colombia where the homicide rates are plunging to the lowest rates in history, the economy is one of the fastest growing in the hemisphere, and there is a strong sense of familiar structure and happiness, that sort of country is generally safer from cults
Lonely and destitute people are always the easiest to con. They want to belong to something. These groups are marketing masters. The are selling a vision .... a dream and doing it well.

Think about it?

Anyone that has a lot going for them does not do stuff like this.
Really devout Muslims.... the ones raised praying 5 times a day, fasting for Ramadan, that dont dare stare too hard at a female they according to Islamic Law are allowed to marrry, pay zakat ( an expectation under Islam to give a certain percentage of your income to charity each year)... these are not the type that wake up one and decide to rape, murder and blow up buildings full of people. It is people in general that are the lost sheep.... the loner.... the broken battered person that has had a very hard life and do not see the hope left on this earth. We should all be terrified of these people. People that have nothing to lose in my opinion are always the most dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas