Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 02:43 PM

231 posts, read 462,627 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm considering going next month over Memorial Day Weekend, which is a long holiday weekend here in the U.S.A. (May 25-May 28). By then will it be too rainy to fully enjoy my time there?

I ask because as much as I'd love to go, it would be a waist to go and be trapped in doors waiting for rainstorms to pass, when I'm on a 3 day long trip.

Let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 05:47 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,211,939 times
Measurable rain occurs only one day out of two in May. That is likely to occur only briefly, but heavily, in mid-afternoon or overnight. So despite May being about the rainiest month, there is little chance you will be caught in it, and if you are, you will dry quickly afterwards. It's not like your wool sweater is going to get waterlogged. Dress for rain. If you get caught in it, duck in under a roof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_City#Climate

Old 04-19-2018, 01:13 AM

439 posts, read 522,193 times
It will rain all right because we are changing seasons right now and May is a rainy month, but it is nothing like to stay indoors. It will rain for a while and then it will stop. I am Panamanian btw, let me know when you are here, or call me from the airport to pick you up and help you out.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:25 PM

10,107 posts, read 14,972,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folicure View Post
It will rain all right because we are changing seasons right now and May is a rainy month, but it is nothing like to stay indoors. It will rain for a while and then it will stop. I am Panamanian btw, let me know when you are here, or call me from the airport to pick you up and help you out.
That's one heck of a hospitality offer.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
That's one heck of a hospitality offer.
Well, I didn't see you doing it, so I had to do it, but if you think that there is something wrong or dubious about my offer; by all means, you do it. And why do you care anyways? Always sticking your nose in other people's business.

Last edited by folicure; 04-25-2018 at 12:22 AM..

Old 04-25-2018, 10:56 AM

10,107 posts, read 14,972,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folicure View Post
Well, I didn't see you doing it, so I had to do it, but if you think that there is something wrong or dubious about my offer; by all means, you do it. And why do you care anyways? Always sticking your nose in other people's business.
Are you saying that kidnappings and armed robbery in fake taxis doesn’t take place in Panama?

There’s no way for a potential tourist asking questions in this forum can judge if your offer is legitimate or a set up for criminal activity.

Its better for a foreign person to take extra precautions when in a foreign country.

This is part of what the US government suggest to its citizens visiting Panama:

The crime threat in Panama is significant, and practicing common sense security habits is a must. Panama remains relatively safe when compared to other Central American countries, yet crime rates are still higher than one would encounter in most of the U.S. Crimes include shootings, rapes, armed robberies, muggings, purse-snatchings, and thefts. The provinces with the largest cities also had the highest overall crime rates: Panama, Colon, Herrera, and Chiriquí.
https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentRe...aspx?cid=21367

You may be a really nice guy and your offer may be genuine, but there’s no way to prove that before the OP takes your offer that came out of the blue.

Common sense in the USA means not accepting ride offers we never asked for, especially when they are made by someone we never met in some internet forum.

Stuff like this happens:

Last edited by AntonioR; 04-25-2018 at 11:06 AM..

Old 04-26-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Are you saying that kidnappings and armed robbery in fake taxis doesn’t take place in Panama?

There’s no way for a potential tourist asking questions in this forum can judge if your offer is legitimate or a set up for criminal activity.

Its better for a foreign person to take extra precautions when in a foreign country.

This is part of what the US government suggest to its citizens visiting Panama:

The crime threat in Panama is significant, and practicing common sense security habits is a must. Panama remains relatively safe when compared to other Central American countries, yet crime rates are still higher than one would encounter in most of the U.S. Crimes include shootings, rapes, armed robberies, muggings, purse-snatchings, and thefts. The provinces with the largest cities also had the highest overall crime rates: Panama, Colon, Herrera, and Chiriquí.
https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentRe...aspx?cid=21367

You may be a really nice guy and your offer may be genuine, but there’s no way to prove that before the OP takes your offer that came out of the blue.

Common sense in the USA means not accepting ride offers we never asked for, especially when they are made by someone we never met in some internet forum.

Stuff like this happens:

Hahaha once again, mind your own business and stop talking nonsense... Do you actually think those things cannot happen in the States too? I like the way how the US government and its people think that anything outside their boundaries is evil, when evil itself dwells withing its limits.

Btw, I don't see why my offer bothers you? Are you married to this guy or are you his girlfriend or something? because if you are, do not worry, I won't want to rape or kidnap him. He hasn't said anything at all and here you are running your mouth like diarrhea.

As a matter of fact, I don't have to explain anything to you at all, but have you ever thought that I could be a tourist guide? Hmmm surprised???

It was only an offer, he is not obliged in any way to accept my assistance.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:08 AM

231 posts, read 462,627 times
Thanks for the offer guys, but I'm aware that Uber exist there, so I wont be needing any assistance.

Old 06-09-2018, 01:32 PM

So how was your trip to my country???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas