Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,845,945 times

Advertisements

Ok, the HanVan (previously known as the ManVan) needs brakes, plugs, oil, filters that sort of stuff, before winter.
Being of a Dodge bloodline, I would normally take it to Lithia in Anchorage for this sort of thing...but I fired them a couple months ago for a very shoddy oil change on my truck. I'm hoping I don't have to drive it down to Sterling to get things done down there.

Does anybody have a suggestion or favorite place I can use as an alternate source of vehicle maintenance in Anchorage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 11:11 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,109,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Ok, the HanVan (previously known as the ManVan) needs brakes, plugs, oil, filters that sort of stuff, before winter.
Being of a Dodge bloodline, I would normally take it to Lithia in Anchorage for this sort of thing...but I fired them a couple months ago for a very shoddy oil change on my truck. I'm hoping I don't have to drive it down to Sterling to get things done down there.

Does anybody have a suggestion or favorite place I can use as an alternate source of vehicle maintenance in Anchorage?
I go to Infiniti of Anchorage. Yeah, I know you have a Dodge but they do routine maintenance on any vehicle and have been doing so since GM (stupidly) discontinued my beloved Saturn division.

http://www.infinitiofanchorage.com/

The dealership is still owned by the Morrison Group and they have always done right by me.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,150,019 times
I've had my truck worked on at ALASKAN AUTO CENTER INC on Lake Otis and 80th. I'll bring it back for more work in the future.

Anchorage, AK Auto Repair and Service | Auto Repair and Service In Anchorage, AK | Alaskan Auto Center

Old 09-22-2012, 01:34 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,845,945 times
Not a bad day. I swung by Northwest Auto Parts off Boniface, and got a free oil filler cap, then on to Johnson Tire on Denali, where I got new rotors, calipers and brake pads. Johnsons even gave me a shuttle ride back to the apartment while they worked on the vehicle, and came and picked me up when it was done...and had the courtesy to call and discuss the rotors and calipers.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:22 PM

339 posts, read 588,901 times
When I need work done, I have an Isuzu in Ak, I use Morrison on Gambell St their Num is (907) 272-5522. They work on just about anything, atleast I see a lot of different types of vehicles there. In the past, they have worked on a Ford and a Buick for my family.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 PM

313 posts, read 324,905 times
Arctic Auto and Truck over by Trailer Craft. I have sent a lot of people there with no complaints. I know they wont rip you off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage