Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2017, 12:30 AM

3,921 posts, read 9,139,995 times

Advertisements

So the People Mover bus system will be restructuring its routes on October 23rd to offer more frequent service on the busy routes, but at the same time, will be running the bare minimum (if at all) service to Eagle River & South Anchorage. What are your thoughts?

For me, from what I remember, there was an 80% plan, and 100% plan (meaning, 80% of the resources would be put into the busy routes), and when I hovered over one of the maps they put up, I saw it said 90%. From what it seemed, everybody agreed that the 80% plan was the best, as it provided a little more than the bare minimum of service to those areas.

From what I understand, they'll be running two buses back-to-back from Eagle River for the express route to Downtown (they might as well just run one normal-sized bus). They're cutting the bus routes on Old Seward, 36th Avenue, and in the Turnagain area, and from what I understand, they're getting rid of the Eagle River Connect from the Muldoon Transit Hub.

I would rather see slightly less frequent service (maybe every 20 minutes during middays instead of every 15 minutes) and have these areas covered. I mean, 36th Avenue goes right through Midtown, and 36th & Old Seward is a pretty busy area to have no bus service available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 12:12 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,607,214 times
My thoughts? I could care less. It is heavily subsidized and riders pay a fraction of the operating costs. It allows criminals easy access to more affluent parts of town and the transit center is a hub of criminal activity. I would never use it. And to top it off, firearms are banned, so law abiding citizens are defenseless at all times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage