Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:46 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,545,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodd View Post
Thanks for the advice. Yeah the more and more i think about it the more excited i get. I browse at houses for sale/rent quite a bit now haha, and there are some nice houses up there. Not sure if i am correct on this but can i drive to Washington then catch a boat or ferry to Anchorage?
Come on 2010 hurry and get here please lol.
Yes you can do that, but it requires you to change ferries since the ferry that makes the crossing leaves from Prince Rupert. One problem is that only one or two crossings are made each month and the ferry fills up quickly. Then there is the cost. It's likely cheaper to drive thorough Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 05:45 AM

153 posts, read 463,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
I'd say drive all the way! Shan, there is a short cut if you go through Saskatchewan. The highway through that province is nice and flat and it has a lot of places to gas up. We took that route two years ago and when we head for home next month, this will be the same route we will come back home on.
Thanks warpt- we're still considering that route as well, though we probably won't decide until the day we leave Wisconsin. I think it's going to depend on how big a difference it's going to be in gas prices between CA & US at the end of July. Probably won't be a huge gap, but even 10¢ adds up over the thousands of km we're going to be driving.

Shan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage