Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Architecture Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 03:43 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,807,624 times

Advertisements

I've noticed there are quite of few fans fo the style around here! For me, living in an original Prairie Style home is amazing... it's the perfect bridge between the past and the future... but with no dysjunction that would normally come with such a mish-mash. It's retro-modern at it's finest and one of my favorite home styles.

Prairie Style was very popular here in Utah and we are lucky to have many fine examples in and around SLC.

For anyone who doesn't know about it, this has to be the best Prairie Style site on the net, and is full of PS eye-candy.

The Prairie School Traveler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 08:52 PM

815 posts, read 2,997,523 times
Prairie School is one of my favorite architectural styles. Very under-rated look that many don't even know about. Your right about it being both traditional and modern at the same time. Its not as cold as some modern houses can be, and not as fussy as a Victorian house can be. Nice clean elegant lines that sometimes seem simple but rarely are. It was one of the first styles that integrated amenities like bathrooms and closets.

Didn't know there were so many outside the Midwest. I guess it makes sense there would be some in the plains states. Its cousin the craftsman style has many of the same characteristics.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:16 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,139,351 times
Thank you. Didn't realize how many were located in the South Bend area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Architecture Forum