Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:42 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
There are vast numbers coming in illegally, true, but a fair number are entering legally too, and yes, they vote .
Needless to say: being a US citizen is a requirement for voting.

And; too, many Americans of Hispanic background tend to vote Republican-------for better or worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 06:28 PM

44,623 posts, read 61,597,128 times
AZ is not now a republican Goldwater State. It is bi-partisan with the independents growing rapidly. AZ voted for Clinton in 96, has a Demo Govenor right now and has had several Demo govs in the past.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:35 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,954,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

And; too, many Americans of Hispanic background tend to vote Republican-------for better or worse.
The Cubans tend to vote Republican because they don't agree with the communist and they have to send money home to their starving relatives that get their communist food box. Once the box is gone it's gone.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 AM

602 posts, read 2,064,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Of course a fair portion of hispanics will vote republican, but that a significant MAJORITY of Hispanics vote Democrat is not even in question, ergo, as the Hispanic portion of electorate increases in Arizona, the likelihood of it turning Blue State increases.

This is national and not local, but even though Bush, nationally, increased his share of the Hispanic vote, he still got killed by Kerry... and Bush is known to support amnesty. You can imagine how Hispanics would vote for a candidate that did not support amnesty.

Quote:
Democrats regard Hispanics as a core element in the party's base. But according to surveys of voters leaving the polling places, Bush raised his share of the Hispanic vote from 35% in 2000 to 44% in 2004. The surveys, known as exit polls, indicated that Hispanics were 8% of the electorate, an increase from 6% in 2000. More than 9 million Hispanics voted, compared with 6 million four years ago.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:31 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,954,543 times
Quote:
Of course a fair portion of hispanics will vote republican, but that a significant MAJORITY of Hispanics vote Democrat is not even in question, ergo, as the Hispanic portion of electorate increases in Arizona, the likelihood of it turning Blue State increases.

This is national and not local, but even though Bush, nationally, increased his share of the Hispanic vote, he still got killed by Kerry... and Bush is known to support amnesty. You can imagine how Hispanics would vote for a candidate that did not support amnesty.
I don't think Bush increased any of that vote with that amnesty stuff. He did however decrease our votes.

Last edited by sheena; 11-15-2007 at 09:15 PM..

Old 11-15-2007, 08:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Quote:

Anymore: with both Democrat and Republican candidates coming out against drivers' licenses, etc. for the illegal immigrants------it may, if anything, cause many of the 'La Raza' Hispanic people-----those who can actually vote to stay home.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:30 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Maybe the legal ones will vote republican My husband is a legal hispanic born in Cuba and votes Republican.
Your husband is Cuban! You lucky girl, muy gorgeous I bet. lol

Old 11-16-2007, 10:43 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,182 times
Well, border smorder issues. Read about the North American Union and you'll realize this topic is a waste of your brain power!
Hilary-she can sure skate an issue, she should win a medal!
Guilliani- he is a *****!
I would vote for Ron Paul or for Kusinich, I am independent so my vote doesn't really count. lol
I'm still looking for America, hello, America, are you still here?
We need some kind of revolution in this country. It's getting so creepy and predictable. Still, better than most I guess. I know from going to the Europe thread, America is still were people want to be. So........well........hm.........Maybe I won't vote this year and just sit by my pool!!!!!!! Wait for the end to come or something.lol

This is how I really feel this time around!
Attached Thumbnails
Do you think Arizona will go red in the 2008 election?-photo-576.jpg  

Old 11-16-2007, 11:31 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,743,920 times
God bless the Cubans. Unfortunately, we scoop them up and send them home.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Well, border smorder issues. Read about the North American Union and you'll realize this topic is a waste of your brain power!
Hilary-she can sure skate an issue, she should win a medal!
Guilliani- he is a *****!
I would vote for Ron Paul or for Kusinich, I am independent so my vote doesn't really count. lol
I'm still looking for America, hello, America, are you still here?
We need some kind of revolution in this country. It's getting so creepy and predictable. Still, better than most I guess. I know from going to the Europe thread, America is still were people want to be. So........well........hm.........Maybe I won't vote this year and just sit by my pool!!!!!!! Wait for the end to come or something.lol

This is how I really feel this time around!
I wonder why people waste their breath and fingers on these issues as well... I don't think I'll vote in presidential elections anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: