Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 12:56 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,603,381 times

Advertisements

Socially Liberal and Fiscally Conservative? The Libertarian party.
Vote Libertarian! Eff the establishment

Gary Johnson for prez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 12:58 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,603,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Those of us that live here are still trying to figure out what he is.
I have never been pro party one way or another myself but many here in AZ just see the republican attached to anything and go for it.
Yes. Dianne Douglas. She won the position of state superintendent of instruction solely because of party line voters. Her opponent was a professor of education from ASU and a former superintendent. Dianne Doulgas never even involved herself in education except for a very short tenure on some school board. Parties aside, one candidate was clearly a lot more qualified for the position. He didn't get the job because he ran on the D ticket.

This is an example of the failures of our democracy.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:48 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,478,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Those of us that live here are still trying to figure out what he is.
I have never been pro party one way or another myself but many here in AZ just see the republican attached to anything and go for it.
Not true. Appears just as many here in Arizona will pick the other side of the same coin that I and many feel is also just as largely corrupt/bought off/self-serving.

Gallup poll: Arizona not a Republican state - ABC15 Arizona

Though it appears things are actually finally changing a bit and the herd is finally waking up to some extent.

As for McCain? Here's what I think defines him the best:

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicia...?cid=N00006424

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicia...ype=I&newmem=N

Last edited by stevek64; 03-10-2016 at 07:09 PM..

Old 03-11-2016, 06:13 PM

42 posts, read 41,027 times
Arizona seems to be doing quite well as a State under Republican rule...The failures are generally Democrat run States and cities..The liberals seem to create lots of Detroit's....

Old 03-11-2016, 07:54 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,376,274 times
McCain needs to retire and move to DC permanently. He's more a Northeast establishment Republican than he is an Arizonan. And let's face it, the only reason he ever set foot in Arizona was because he marries into the Hensley family... and the Navy couldn't afford to have him keep crashing aircraft.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:45 PM

10,757 posts, read 23,855,144 times
This thread is a continuous circle jerk (like every other C-D political discussion) and reinforces my belief that the two party system is broken. Hardliners on both ends will continue to scapegoat each other and take down the country in the process. More exacerbation of the problem. Rarely a discussion of any real solutions.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:34 AM

604 posts, read 935,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
This thread is a continuous circle jerk (like every other C-D political discussion) and reinforces my belief that the two party system is broken. Hardliners on both ends will continue to scapegoat each other and take down the country in the process. More exacerbation of the problem. Rarely a discussion of any real solutions.
I would agree with this and throw in the personal attacks/name calling and minus any thoughtful discussion of issues and the result tends to be rather non-informative.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:34 AM

2,926 posts, read 3,098,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneR View Post
I would agree with this and throw in the personal attacks/name calling and minus any thoughtful discussion of issues and the result tends to be rather non-informative.
x2 ^^^^ these. Vote your conscience and not for the one who is 'most electable'. this habit of voting for the 'most electable' is how we are in such a huge mess now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona